Biswal Limited provides high quality, bespoke services to the telecommunications industry. We pride ourselves on the acquisition, development and deployment of all resources required to allow a telecommunications company to provide excellent service to its own customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Database Specialist
- The Database Specialist is responsible for all aspect of a database like design data bases, perform tests and ensure standards are maintained and work with other IT professionals and managers to ensure database integrity and security are kept up with.
- Assesses database performance by developing a protocol for measurement of results and identification of problem areas.
- Supports database performance by monitoring database performance; evaluating and resolving processing and programming problems; designing database management tool; answering user questions
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results needed
- Generating various reports by querying from database as per need and Maintaining archived data
- Monitor and tune the database for optimal performance; recommend hardware and system configuration changes to optimize database and system performance
- Mitigate cross-organizational issues associated with physical data storage, access, security and database structure. Also Plans database upgrades by maintaining, evaluating, and improving a transaction processing model.
- Managing and monitoring data replication and support application development by providing assistance in database architecture and design techniques; review proposed changes to the RDBMS structures; review data security, data validation and data integrity controls.
- Planning for backup and recovery of database information and allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system.
- Assist in establishing data integrity and security policies and procedures for user accounts, data creation, data manipulation and data storage
- Develops software that enables retrieving and updating data on the Database also manages and updates previously developed (Biswal) software.
- Assists in the development of custom applications and procures, installs, configures and administers third-party applications needed by the Maintenance Department.
- Ensure the performance, integrity and security of the database, thereby planning and development of the database, as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users
- Ensure that: data remains consistent across the database,
- Must be proficient using Excel for data analysis and using excel data connectors
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Science or any related field.
- Any recognized professional qualification is an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in ICT
- At least 2 years’ programming experience building desktop apps with C#,
- At least 2 years programming experience building web apps with his/her preferred stack,
- At least 2 years programming experience building mobile android apps,
- Must be proficient using HTML, CSS, JS, XAML
- Must be familiar with managing VMs and deploying apps on AWS and also familiar with Linux OS.
- Must be familiar with the use of Ozeki SMS server and be able to identify and solve issues that arises with it.
- Knowledge about the RDBMS e.g. Must be proficient using MySQL and MSSQL.
- Knowledge of database queries
- General understanding of routine maintenance, recovery, and handling failover of a database
- General understanding of storage technologies and networking.
Application Closing Date
25th August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.