Corporate Studios is a start-up media production company in Victoria Island, Lagos. We are dedicated to servicing corporate clients and organizations. We provide On-demand Videos for seminars, events, conferences etc Also adverts, documentaries, content to fit into clients brand strategy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Cinematographer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Eti-Osa, Lagos, Nigeria
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Conceptual Research and Design:
- Discuss all aspects of script and director’s approach to picture in preliminary talks with director
- Analyze script as whole
- Analyze story structure
- Analyze characters
- Research period, events, general subject and appropriate design elements
- Devise style, visualize approach
- Continue talks with director on new ideas
- Come to agreement with director
- Discuss and come to agreement with production designer
- Discuss and come to agreement with technical adviser.
Practical Research and Design:
- Ascertain or find out budget requirements
- Scout and approve locations
- Plot sun position for locations
- Check local weather
- Review, discuss and approve set plans
- Review, discuss and approve spotting plans for stages
- Review and approve props, picture cars, airplanes, boats, horse-drawn vehicles, mock-ups and miniatures
Technical Research and Design:
- Visit equipment vendors
- Explore new equipment
- Learn how new equipment works
- Invent (or cause to be invented) special equipment or techniques for projects
- Choose and approve crew
- Supervise manufacture and testing of new modified equipment Visit sets under construction
- Approve wild walls, ceiling pieces and any moving set pieces
- Check lighting-fixture crew
- Walk locations and stages with all departments to discuss requirements
- Approve set colors and textures
- Approve costume colors and textures
- Approve makeup and hair
- Generate (or cause to be generated) and approve equipment lists for camera, electric and grip
- Check dailies screening rooms for correct standards E. Implementation
- Cast stand-ins
- Train crew to use any new equipment
- Walk locations and stages with director and device shooting plan
- Make list of special equipment for production manager and indicate number of days required
- Work with assistant director on shooting schedule (order and days required for each scene)
- Estimate and order film stock (type, size and quantity)
- Generate (or cause to be generated) and approve rigging and shooting manpower and man-days
- Assist other departments in getting required equipment, manpower and tests
- Drop by all departments and visit department heads at least twice a day to answer any questions
- Mediate any problems between departments
- Check loading of production trucks or cargo containers for location or international shipping
- Visit cast run-throughs and rehearsals
- Advise and back up director on any problems
- Shoot tests for style
- Shoot tests for lab
- Shoot test for lighting of principal actors
- Shoot tests for camera and lenses
- Shoot tests for wardrobe and makeup
- Shoot tests for any special effects processes, unusual rigs props or methods.
- Check and approve all call sheets and shooting order of the day’s work
- Watch rehearsal of scene to be shot
- Device shot list with director (coverage)
- Choose lens and composition; show to director for approval
- Make sure composition and movement fulfill scene task
- Work out mechanical problems with camera, dolly and crane grips
- Set any camera-movement cues
- Place stand-ins and rehearse, fine-tune
- Ensure proper coverage of scene for editor
- Work with assistant director on background action.
- Design lighting to show set/location to best advantage relative to story, style and dramatic content
- Light each actor to reinforce and reveal character
- Make sure mood and tone of light help to tell story
- Design light for minimum reset time between setups
- Utilize painter for control of highlights, shadows, aging, dusting-down of sets and props
- Set and match light value, volume, color and contrast of each setup (exposure)
- Set any lights cues (dimmers, spot lights, color changes and any preprogramming).
- Work out any sound problems
- Work out any problems with other departments
- Check, set and approve all stunts with stunt coordinator
- Set any additional cameras required for stunts
- Double-check safety with all concerned
- Show shot to director to make any final changes
- Get actors in for final mechanical rehearsal; solve any outstanding problems.
- Photograph scene
- Approve or correct take
- Check parameters and reset for next take
- Shoot any video playback material
- Make sure that stills are taken of scene.
- Make sure Director has any special camera or lighting notes
- Check Equipment inventory
- Check that camera logbook is being kept up to date
- Complete day’s work
- Discuss first setup for the next day
- Ensure that camera, electrical and grip crews get all copies of equipment rental or purchase invoices and approve before accountants pay vendors
- Check for return of all unused equipment
- Train camera crew for next job up the ladder I. Contingency
- If director is disabled, finish day’s shooting for him or her.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Completed Degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Ability to operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and perform repairs to audio and video equipment.
- Ability to effectively manage time and schedules.
- Records maintenance skills
- Ability to configure, operate and maintain studio and/or field audio, lighting and associated production equipment.
- Knowledge of computerized tape editing applications and procedures.
- Knowledge of professional audio and/or video tape editing and post-production procedures, techniques, and standards.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Register&upload resume via apply online
Already registered,Login, click apply online, submit resume to apply for this position
Job expires in 114 days.