United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) has invited interested and eligible candidates for NPO – Liaison Officer recruitment 2020
Aspirants who look forward to applying for UNODC NPO – Liaison Officer Recruitment 2020 can go through the complete article to know more.
We only publish verified and authentic information at voiceognigeria.org.ng.
Let’s read about recruitment updates, current status, job title, requirements, application, shortlisted candidates, and other information.
|Job Title:||NPO – Liaison Officer|
|Recruitment Agency||United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)|
|Job Location:||Abuja, Nigeria|
|How to Apply||Apply Online|
10th October, 2020 (Midnight New York, USA)
Posting Type: Common System
Agency: UN Office on Drugs & Crime
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Practice Area – Job Family: Management – LIAISION
Contract Duration: 1year with possibility of extension
- Under the overall guidance of the OCWAR-T Project Manager and the direct supervision of the UNODC Nigeria Country Representative, the Liaison Officer will support the coordination of all operational and programmatic issues related to the implementation of the OCWAR-T project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist national counterparts in the factual implementation of activities:
- Liaise with the implementing partners at operational level to ensure the smooth implementation of the project,
- Support the administrative formalities towards the establishment and development of Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Task Forces (CIITF) and strengthening of existing Transnational Organized Crime Units (TCU)
- Assist the national authorities regarding the project implementation
- Assist in the preparation and of annual detailed work plans including estimated budget and attribution of responsibilities;
- Assist in the preparation of with input from UNODC Headquarters;
- Prepare all correspondence linked to the project and follow up;
- Monitor the implementation of the logistical aspects of all activities of the project;
- Ensure the timely delivery of all products included in the project;
- Prepare any substantive documents required by the implementation of the project;
- Facilitate on-the-ground coordination between UNODC and other external partners and stakeholders;
- Assist the UNODC OCWAR-T Regional Programme Coordinator in all activities related to the project implementation;
- Perform any other duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in the fields of Criminology, Law, Public Administration or equivalent Education from recognised national police, customs or another staff learning college with specialisation in criminal justice, crime prevention or law enforcement.
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience with increasing levels of responsibilities in national and / or international law enforcement, investigation, police, drug control, judiciaries and / or crime prevention, including a sound knowledge of criminal intelligence processes;
- Work experience in a United Nations field office in a developing country is an asset
- Management experience in relevant field at the national or international level
- Experience in the implementation of projects in partnership with national institutions
- Strong experience in presentation and drafting skills
- Acute sense of organisation as well as entrepreneurial and team spirit
- Readiness to travel extensively within the ECOWAS region
- Ability to provide advice to governments on preventing and combating illicit trafficking and the development of adequate policies
- Demonstrated professional competence in programme management and implementation, ideally with a focus on criminal justice; ability to identify and contribute to the solution of problems / issues.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations; takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Proven ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively with a range of audiences, including ability to prepare reports and make presentations in a variety of fora; ability to conduct presentations by clearly formulating positions on issues, articulating options concisely, conveying maximum necessary information as well as making and defending recommendations.
- Possesses excellent drafting and communication skills.
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues within and outside of UNODC to achieve organizational goals; solicits inputs by genuinely valuing other ideas and expertise; demonstrates willingness to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning & Organizing:
- Able to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate, and monitor work while prioritizing competing demands; able to work on tight deadlines; knowledge on how to develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies.
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and projects as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Knowledge of other UN working languages (French and/or Portuguese) is a strong asset
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2020 (Midnight New York, USA)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important applicant information and Notice
- All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
- Applicant information about UNDP rosters
- Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
- UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
- The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
Register for Job Updates
For All Job Vacancies, 2020 then register today.
Steps to Register Free