LiveChat will greatly increase the number of your satisfied customers. I've already tried it and I can recommend it as a go-to customer service tool! Sign up today for a free trial!
Street Child is a UK charity working to protect vulnerable children and improve access to education in some of the poorest communities in the world. We work in Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nepal and since November 2016, Street Child has been involved in the Humanitarian response in North East Nigeria.
Street Child works in the fields of education, child protection and livelihoods, working to deliver sustainable solutions and create maximum impact. Our work combines counselling, family mediation, business support, school building, teacher training and child protection. We were a key player in the Ebola crisis and led the global response for children orphaned by Ebola in Sierra Leone and Liberia. We deliver all our programmes through local partners and, since 2008, together we have built/renovated over 200 schools and are now helping to educate over 40,000 young people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Programme Research Intern, Cash Programming Review (Home-based)
Job Status: Home-based
Duration: 20 days
Timeframe: June – August
- We are seeking a diligent research intern to assist us in developing our approach to utilizing cash-based methodologies in achieving our programming objectives; both in humanitarian and developmental contexts.
- NGOs within the international development and humanitarian sectors have made great strides in the last 12 years to increase the utilisation of cash transfer programming (CTP), otherwise known as cash and voucher assistance (CVA), within their programmes, recognising the utility in empowering vulnerable people, households and communities to make decisions with dignity about how to best meet their needs and increase their resilience.
- It is not appropriate in every context but often CTP will more efficiently help NGOs to achieve better results for and with those people we exist to serve and support.
- Street Child, and some of our partners, already have some experience in CTP / CVA, not least in our Family Business Scheme.
About the Position
- The internship will sit within our programmes team, although it will be undertaken remotely with a dedicated staff member to provide support given the current context.
- Key tasks may include undertaking a literature review, reviewing existing programmes, conducting a risk assessment of cash transfer programming (CTP), interviews, modifying current resources and presenting key findings and recommendations.
Broadly the role will result in the following deliverables:
- Review of current external good practice; identifying sources of knowledge and guidance
- Identification of current Street Child, or Street Child supported, work involving cash transfer programming (CTP), otherwise known as cash and voucher assistance (CVA)
- Recommendations for a proposed way forward for Street Child
- If you feel you have the skills and experience to undertake the key tasks and produce the deliverables detailed above then we would love to hear from you.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Job expires in 12 days.