Hillview Nursery and Primary School – We are guided by our passion to educate the younger generations and to provide affordable educational opportunities for our students. On a daily basis, our pupils share the pleasure of learning and discovering the world beyond religious, tribe or language barriers.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Secretary
Employment Type: Full time
- Answer telephone and addresses caller questions and concerns.
- Transfers calls to proper individual and/or department as needed.
- Mails student report cards, school brochures, and other necessary forms.
- Welcomes visitors to the school and provides directions around the building as needed.
- Types up and contributes to school bulletin or newsletter.
- Assists in designing and drawing up promotional and informational materials for parents.
- Provides students with tardy slips.
- Maintains records of student absences.
- Accepts and processes tuition and school lunch payments from parents.
- Makes bank deposits.
- Sorts and distributes mail delivered to school office.
- Contacts parents in the event of student illness or behavioral issues.
- Maintains student records and files.
- Uses computer database or filing system to update records as necessary.
- Manages and updates school calendar.
- Provides administrative support to principal or other upper level administrator as needed.
- Takes dictation and transcribes documents.
- Attends office meetings and takes minutes.
- Distributes paychecks to school staff.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree with 1 – 2 years work experience.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Maintains professional and friendly demeanor.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills.
- Is capable of managing time efficiently.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task effectively.
- Works well with a variety of students, administrators, and parents.
- Exhibits ability to remain polite and calm when dealing with troublesome students or frustrated parents.
- Possesses basic computer skills and knowledge of word processing programs.
Application Closing Date
28th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.