Laim Hotel – We are a 5 STAR hotel with the aim of constantly anticipating our customer’s expectations by offering superior services, with exceptional facilities and innovations that consistently exceed these expectations.We maintain anexcellent & world-class hospitality standard to our guests.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
The Job : Purchasing Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
- He/she will work with suppliers to negotiate contracts for the purchase of required goods and keep accurate records of transactions trend
- To assist the Finance and Operational departments in the monitoring, reporting and controlling of cost of sales in the hotel, including audit and control, financial analysis and reporting, budgeting, forecasting etc
- To implement sound purchasing policies, systems and procedures in accordance with company standards.
- To monitor vendors for quality, service and price through standard purchasing specifications.
- Must obtain competitive quotations for the hotel requirement and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased.
- To call for quotations for any items costing more than a certain amount (As per company policy) and inquire into prices from various suppliers.
- Must ensure that all orders receiving dates are updated by the buyers according to the suppliers promised delivery dates.
- Must receive market list from the Executive Chef on a daily basis and arrange for the delivery of those items daily.
- Must ensure that all authorized or approved purchase orders are sent to their respective suppliers/vendors for delivery purposes on a daily basis.
- Must research and identify new products and services for the hotel in the market.
- Must obtain written approval for established Minimum/Maximum stock levels by the Financial Controller and Operations Manager.
- Must ensure the efficient operation of the Purchasing Department in all aspects.
- Must check, explain if needed and approve delivered items discrepancy report issued by Cost Controller regarding price and quantity order variances.
- Must approve all additional requests for new storeroom items, checking correct item description, unit, packing, and category and establishes Min/Max estimated stock.
- Must verify the pending orders report on a daily basis, and all pending orders are checked and verified regularly.
- Must identify items for standing orders utilizing vendorâ€™s logistics for regular deliveries to the hotel based on approved highly consumed items.
- Must issue regularly slow moving item lists.
Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum qualification of B.Sc / HND in any related field and MUST have worked as a purchasing Officer in ANY organization but preferable in an Hotel /Restaurant will be an added advantage.
- Also he / she should possess up to 2-10 years working experience.
Application Closing Date
21st January, 2021.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Register&upload resume via apply online
Already registered,Login, click apply online, submit resume to apply for this position
Job expires in 10 days.