Babban Gona Agricultural Franchise is a financially sustainable, high impact and highly scalable social enterprise, which is part-owned by the farmers it serves. Babban Gona is an innovative model designed to serve the bottom of the pyramid and transform agriculture into a job-creation engine. Through this agricultural franchise, Babban Gona offers a suite of services to smallholder farmers, helping them to overcome the challenges of fragmentation and low economies of scale.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
The Job : Chief Financial Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Finance Strategy and Risk Management:
- As a member of the senior management team, make a key contribution to the formulation of the company’s short and long-term financial strategies to drive business growth.
- Responsible for planning, implementation, managing all the finance activities of BG including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and investor relations.
- Perform risk management by analysing BG’s liabilities and investments.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems and ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government authorities.
- Report risk issues to the finance & audit committee of the board of directors.
- Oversee all operations including but not limited to Corporate Finance, Financial Control, Audit, Treasury & Finance Operations, Tax and Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Lead and optimise the company’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Drive BG’s financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Optimize cash flow and short-term cash management/treasury operations
- Provide leadership on managing BG’s accounts including Payables and Receivables
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory tax laws and company policies.
- Work with the team to prepare all regular management accounts and financial reports and provide financial results to the board of directors.
- Manage all relevant 3rd party relationships including investors, banking relationships, suppliers, auditors etc
- Establish and enforce policies, processes and standards across the organisation.
- Oversee all the company’s transaction processing systems including but not limited to the Accounting System, Inventory Management System, Business Planning System etc
Leadership and Team Development:
- Ensure, on an ongoing basis, that current and planned investments and finance operations are aligned with company business objectives.
- Work with team to prepare and monitor operational budgets that meet prevailing company objectives and constraints.
- Hire, develop, evaluate and retain a highly-qualified team of finance professionals
- Foster a culture of transparency and accountability in the Finance department
- Ensure that the organisation has control systems with clear policy violation guidelines.
- Develop and maintain a plan that provides for succession and continuity in the most critical Finance positions.
- Partner with business unit leaders and other functional heads to create and execute robust business plans that significantly expand the business to reach our goal of 1 million farmers.
- Create, implement and maintain a continuous improvement and control plan for overall business operations, while supporting the finance teams to meet business needs.
- This position reports to the Managing Director.
Profound know-how in commodity trading:
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or any related field with a recognised professional certificate in Accounting such as CPA; ACCA or ICAN.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible financial management experience in a fast growing organisation preferably in an emerging market and / or agribusiness.
- An advanced degree or MBA is highly desirable.
- Experience in tax preparation according to Nigerian laws is a plus
- Experience with and thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities using a range of financial accounting software and tools.
- Highly analytical mindset with excellent problem-solving skills and strong business acumen.
- Strong Corporate Finance, Risk Management and Financial Planning expertise.
- Experience working with executive teams, corporate boards and implementing corporate governance frameworks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) with an ability to articulate ideas to both finance and non-finance audiences.
- An entrepreneurial mindset coupled with an ability to inspire confidence and create trust while working under pressure.
- Passionate, driven individual who achieves results through team work and collaborative approaches.
Start Up Environment:
- Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
Unlocking Potential of Team Members:
- Extensive experience and passion for coaching/ mentoring a team.
Detailed Orientation and Managing Complexity:
- Extensive experience leading a complex organization and passion for getting into details to identify root cause of issues and create innovative solutions.
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
- Annual paid vacation
- Group Life Insurance
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Job expires in 101 days.