Skills Outside School Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation registered as in IT (70340) in June 2014 at the Corporate Affairs Commission, Nigeria and a Company Limited by Guarantee (09365183) at the Companies House, UK.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Program Support Officer – Initiatives and Challenges
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The Initiatives and Challenges Program Support Officer manages the innovative process of the organization.
- (S)He will be tasked with identifying innovative potentialities and bringing them to fruition in order to best benefit the overall goals of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Brainstorms with the creative team to discover alternative solutions and approaches to old problems.
- Plans effective new ideas and innovative strategies for product development, marketing, branding, or business opportunities.
- Recognizes promising ideas and introduces them into the organization’s plans and discards ideas that are ineffective, costly, or beyond the organization’s mission or abilities to develop.
- Strategizes with the team to transform general ideas into workable solutions.
- Analyzes existing practices to isolate areas ripe for improvement or enhancement.
- Encourages creative thinking in the team and nurtures innovative thinking across all areas of the organization.
- Follows target audience responses to new ideas, tracks and analyzes the success of new products or services, and responds to the target audience’s questions.
- Monitors research and development of other organizations to spot trends in innovation and supplement research findings in the organization’s industry.
- Allocates resources to maintain the organization’s existing agenda while accounting for new projects.
- Tests the progress of innovation and adjusts the pace or direction of new projects in accordance.
- Keeps all new projects in line with the company’s mission and maintains consistency with the organization’s message and brand.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
- Background in marketing, research, and development, product development, or strategy is recommended.
- Proven experience in the industry or working in a leadership role in a similar industry.
- Portfolio of past work.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess an inquisitive and creative mind.
- Must be independent and self-directed but able to work and lead a team of creative individuals.
- Superior research and analytical skills to track and predict trends.
- Must be able to work creatively within a budget and use innovation to find ways of more managing resources.
- Strong business knowledge, understanding of a variety of business practices, and familiarity with the company’s industry.
- Must be able to collaborate with executives, creative teams, research and development, and project management teams.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to persuasively sell ideas.
- Must be willing to take calculated risks and manage expectations.
Application Closing Date
23rd November, 2020
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Portfolio and a Letter of Motivation to: [email protected] using the position applied for as the job title.
Register&upload resume via apply online
Already registered,Login, click apply online, submit resume to apply for this position
Job expires in 31 days.