Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a full-service Real Estate Development company who specializes in the entire lifecycle of Real Estate project commencing with site acquisition, conceptualization, leasing/sales, securing financing and construction management to delivery and facilities management, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
The Job : Senior Project Architect / Interior Design Architect / Project Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Code: BS / 004 / ARC
- Our client, a full-service Real Estate Development company who specializes in the entire lifecycle of Real Estate project commencing with site acquisition, conceptualization, leasing/sales, securing financing and construction management to delivery and facilities management is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring a Senior Project Architect / Interior Design Architect / Project Manager
Summary / Objective
- The Senior Project Architect/Interior Design Architect/Project Manager will work closely with the Managing Partners and the Construction Management team to execute projects
- And also, will be a driving force of the construction department, including design development, commercial tenders and contract administration, construction administration and coordination, procurement, QA/QC finishing, and delivery.
- Oversee design development, production of working drawings, and construction documents on given projects.
- Establish and maintain budgets, schedules, and monitor adherence of terms of contract expectations.
- Coordinate and lead teams through design, development and contract phases of construction projects.
- Monitor project progress according to contract scope and deliverables.
- Prepare information regarding design, structure specifications, materials, colour, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time.
- Lead and develop projects from early concept through design development
- Prepare drawings, specifications, and construction documents
- Support the construction process by timely response to RFIs, review of submittals, processing approved change orders, and monthly draw requests
- Provide supervision, mentorship and quality-control review of support staff
- Manage the project delivery process and work closely with contractors, consultant and project stakeholders.
- Coordinate preliminary design studies for projects and site development.
- Organize and manage permit documents.
- Resolve complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions.
- Drive the interior design conceptual, schematic and design development phases of projects
- Produce and review interior design scope of work and request for proposals for consultants.
- Direct project planning and interior design team activities.
- Oversee and coordinate preparation of working interior design drawings, budgeting, schedules, specifications, planning and design with authority to direct, control, and monitor all activities on multiple concurrent projects
- Lead interior design meetings and design presentations.
- Develop project priorities and schedules for bidding/construction procurement and construction administration.
- Evaluate various interior design concepts and styles and select best fit for design project.
- Detailed examinations of design plans and ensure specifications uphold the highest possible standards for quality (e.g. ensuring construction documents are of complete detail and scope to address critical issues such as code compliance, constructability, noise transmission, waterproofing, etc.).
- Monitor and manage project schedules throughout the pre-construction and construction periods by overseeing the third-party General Contractor and coordinating project interactions and schedules with both internal departments and external consultants.
- Perform additional duties and handle projects as assigned by the Construction Director; Achieve regular attendance in conformity with standards; Occasional travel will be required based upon the property’s needs.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications and Requirments
- The candidate is required to have 15+ years experience in the built environment in the areas of project architect, interior architect and project management.
- Applicants should possess or hold a Degree in Architecture from a reputable university and preferably a Master degree from a reputable university. Possession of other professional training certification is an added advantage.
- Professional member of the Nigerian Institute of Architects (NIA), The Architects’ Registration Council of Nigeria (ARCON)
- The Candidates must have broad, yet deep knowledge of design, coordination, organization, project management, time management, problem-solving skills and sense of ownership on the job. The candidate must have a verifiable deal sheet/portfolio of previous work completed.
- Excellent knowledge and proficiency with design software including auto-cad, REVIT, Sketch-up or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge and proficiencies with reviewing construction drawing including structural and MEP.
- In-depth knowledge of furniture systems and finishing details.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of space planning.
- Ability to develop interior design concepts and schedules of furnishings and finishing details
- Track record of proven techniques and practices of project management and construction supervision over various aspects of design and construction phases for relevant projects.
- Must be able to manage budgets, timelines and construction schedules with an extreme attention to detail, and grade a quality
- Knowledge of construction procedures, building codes, construction procedures, estimating and scheduling practices.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, residents, and the general public.
- Ability to accommodate changing priorities and manage expectations accordingly.
- Computer proficient in Windows, MS Program, Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, AutoCAD and the Internet. Ability to type 40+ wpm.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (MS Word Format) to: [email protected] using “Architect” as the subject of the mail.
Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only.
Job expires in 12 days.