Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January, 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited currently has two hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos having over one hundred (100) bed capacities without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialities and include emergency / trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Pharmacy Technician
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Ref No: PL00001
- The Pharmacy Technician reports to the Pharmacist. He/she is charged with preparing and dispensing medications to both in-patients and out patients. The incumbent is responsible for filling prescriptions and inventory control in the pharmacy, labeling dispensed items and ensuring patients understand how to use their medications correctly.
- The activities of the Pharmacy Technician includes; receiving prescriptions and checking their validity, verifying prescriptions, processing prescriptions electronically and ensuring all information is complete and accurate.
- Collaborate with pharmacist to ensure all prescriptions are processed, dispensed, and delivered appropriately.
- Rotate stock and perform other inventory control duties.
- Ensure supplies are delivered accordingly.
- Responsible for the storage of drugs, injectables and consumables.
- Dispenses drugs to in-patients and out-patients.
- Delivering quality customer service to patients, responding to inquiries, questions, requests and referring them to the pharmacist.
- Advice nurses on the correct mode of drug storage.
- Maintaining patients and hospital safety by adhering to infection-control procedures, policies, and regulations.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Pharmacy Technician Certification from an accredited School of Health Technology
- Current Practicing License
- 2 years Working Experience as a pharmacy technician (preferably in a hospital)
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians, and hospital staff.
- Basic computer skills
- Must be Detailed Oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Application Closing Date
18th December, 2020.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using Position Title and Code as the subject of their email application.
Job expires in 4 days.