Osun State Government has invited interested and eligible candidates for Statistician – General recruitment 2020.
Aspirants who look forward to applying for Osun State Government Statistician – General Recruitment 2020 can go through the complete article to know more.
We only publish verified and authentic information at voiceognigeria.org.ng.
Let’s read about recruitment updates, current status, job title, requirements, application, shortlisted candidates, and other information.
|Job Title:||Statistician – General|
|Recruitment Agency||Osun State Government|
|How to Apply:||Apply Offline|
|Application Deadline:||25th September, 2020|
- The State Government of Osun, as part of its efforts to improve its statistical system for informed decision-making, research and collaboration with other agencies of government and the private sector, invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the post of Statistician-General in the State Bureau of Statistics, which is equivalent to the position of a Permanent Secretary in the Public Service of the State of Osun.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Statistician-General will be the Accounting Officer / Chief Executive Officer of the State Bureau of Statistics, which shall be a Parastatal under the State Ministry of Economic Planning and Budget.
The Specific Duties required of the Statistician-General include the following:
- Coordinating the State’s entire Statistical System;
- Advising Federal, State and LGA Agencies as well as Tertiary Institutions in the State on issues relating to their Statistical Activities;
- Decision making on the appropriate methods of collecting, processing and analyzing State’s data for Statistical purposes;
- Representing the State in International, National and Local Statistical meetings;
- Organization, development, support and promotion of the bureau of statistics’ organizational culture;
- Supervision and discipline of Bureau of Statistics staff;
- Presentations to Government for approval, annual budget, work programmes, and other programmes to develop the State Statistics;
- Authority to obtain statistical information across the State Agencies, Local Governments, Federal and Tertiary institutions in the State;
- Authority to produce statistical publications in the State;
- Authority to redeploy and redistribute Statisticians and Statistical Officers within the State Ministries, Departments and Agencies;
- Authority to conduct Statistical Surveys, private institutions wishing to conduct statistical surveys shall obtain approval from the Statistician- General.
The candidate should possess:
- A minimum of B.Sc Statistics (not less than 2nd Class Lower Division),
- At least 20 years’ post-qualification experience in the rudiments of the Public Service within or outside the State of Osun
- Relevant Information and Communication Technology (ICT) skills
- Applicants within the Public Service should not be below the post of a Deputy Director, GL.16
Application Closing Date
25th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit and address their Applications as follows:
The Head of Service,
Office of the Head of Service,
Office of the Governor,
Osogbo, Osun State.
The following conditions must be met before applications can be processed:
- Applications must be typewritten, accompanied by ten (10) clear copies of Curriculum Vitae (CV) and all relevant documents, including certificate (s) and letters relating to background and employment history;
- Applicants within the Public Service should route their applications through their Accounting Officers;
- The completed application should be sealed and marked “OSUN SG 2020” on the left top corner of the envelope containing it.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Register for Job Updates
For All Job Vacancies, 2020 then register today.
Steps to Register Free