MAX is on a mission to fix Africa’s notorious last-mile delivery and online-retail problems by using mobile and web platforms to connect consumers, retail businesses and independent drivers in real-time. We are eliminating all logistics and technology barriers that have historically prevented retail businesses in Africa from realizing their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Operations Manager
MAX is recruiting for Operations Manager to run the business across fleet operations, Supply chain and Logistics.
- Maintaining stock levels of operations Assets including Fleet, Helmets, Phones, Sim cards, Raincoats, Uniforms, Trackers, Spare parts and other items as the business may require across various stations.
- Ensuring branding quality and uniformity across all business merchandise and products.
- Negotiations and Relationship management between MAX and her partners, vendors etc.
- Procurement/ Purchasing of company operations assets mentioned in 1 above
- Clearing and forwarding of shipping from port to warehouse
- Ensuring all new vehicles are properly covered under insurance
- Ensuring payment of all insurance claims across all MAX locations and cities.
- Building out vehicle maintenance workshops and operations.
- Registration and renewal of government mandated licenses.
- Prepare and present daily and weekly supply chain reports.
- Check that invoices received are accurate and in line with budget.
- Collaborate with Sales, Operations, and Customer Service teams to ensure timely product delivery.
- Use metrics (e.g. turns, service levels, DOH, working capital) and implement automated solutions to streamline processes.
- Ensure that especially large and/or complex shipments arrive safely.
- Document step-by-step procedures for the supply planning process.
- Re-engineer best practices to improve productivity and reduce waste.
- Train the appropriate teams for the implementation of best practices.
- Collaborate with finance, sales, and Driver Ops team to develop processes and select vendors for new products. Establish effective feedback loops between each process owner (e.g. vendors, suppliers, packers, and shippers) in the supply chain.
Qualification, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Finance, or relevant fields
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Ability to maintain accuracy.
- Ability to manage and juggle multiple priorities and projects
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office Tools especially Excel
- Problem Solving
- People management
- Hands-on experience with logistics and procurement.
Application Closing Date
1st September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.