Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Community Mobilization Assistant
Locations: Bade, Damaturu and Potiskum, Yobe
Employment Type: Full time
Department: Programmes – Health and Nutrition
Experience: Entry level
Company Overview & Job Description
Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
ACF is looking for Community Mobilization Assistants who support Community Mobilization on Nutrition and Health through Community Health Influencers and Promoters Service Programme (CHIPS) in Bade, Damaturu and Potiskum in Yobe State.
- With technical support from CM Officer, support the roll down of CHIPS programme through providing technical support to CHIPS agents, Community Engagement Focal Person (CEFP), CHEWs based on national guideline.
- Support the establishment/strengthening of Mother to Mother Support Group (MtMSG), and deliver required technical support based on CHIPS manual.
- Support CM Officers in conducting technical capacity assessment of health facility and health workers in promoting essential nutrition actions including health & hygiene.
- Keep track of other assessments conducted by different agencies, government in communities and inform Community Mobilization Officers.
- Provide technical support to strengthen Ward development committee and carry out biannual meeting together with CM officer.
- Nomination, selection of CHIPS agents and CEFP as well as mother to mother support group
- Organize and facilitate trainings for CHIPS agents and CEFPs on care group modules & lesson plans.
- Support CM Officers in preparing budget plan for trainings, logistic requirement and financial requirement.
- Provide regular technical supervision visit and on job coaching support to CHIPS agents in conducting care group sessions; reporting of care group activities etc.
- Support CM Officers in developing care group implementation work plan for LGA
- Support CM Officers in developing LGA budget planning reviewed work plan on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Support the CHEWs and CEFP to develop monthly action plan for responsible CHIPS agents in reference with agreed work plan.
- Minimum of National Diploma in Nutrition, Education, Social work, Psychology, Communications, or related social science field.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in community mobilization work particularly in a humanitarian context.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences at local and state level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, adaptability and ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with community members and leaders, partner agencies and key contacts in the government.
Minimum Basic Salary
N120,887 per month
Application Closing Date
8th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.