Denying reality, avoiding personal responsibility, and taking actions, which seem to precipitate, potential crises, rather than pursuing, a well – considered, strategic and action plan, and considering immediate, intermediate, and longer – term impacts, and ramifications, is not true leadership! It must be, the duty, and responsibility of those, we elect to serve and represent us, must SOLVE, rather than creating, problems! How often, in the past 3 1/2 years, have we witnessed, President Donald Trump, either, take certain actions, or avoid, doing so, in a timely manner (when action was needed, and indicated), and, then, when, some perceived crisis, was created, seek to take credit, for handling the crisis? For example, an examination, of America’s response, to this horrific pandemic, was harmed, by Trump’s timeline, of avoiding, taking actions, such as much of the rest of the world did, in a timely, well – considered manner. To this day, the strategy of, denying, minimizing, and, then, apparently, refusing to follow the advice of public health experts, has put the health, and well – being of many citizens, at – risk. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Sustainable; service; solutions; stronger; system: Wishing or hoping for something, doesn’t usually, get the results, desired! To do so, a well – considered, quality system, based on relevant, sustainable solutions, is needed! We need leaders, who emphasize and focus on providing quality service, and making us stronger, and better.
2. Options; opportunities; open – minded: To be considered a true leader, one must consider, a variety of options and alternatives, in an open – minded, manner, in order to be ready, willing and able, to take advantage of opportunities, and/ or, create the best opportunity, as – needed, and necessary!
3. Listen; learn; lessons; leadership: Genuine leadership requires effectively listening, and learning, from every conversation, and experience, in order to learn important lessons, from every challenge, and avoid, making the same mistakes, over, again!
4. Visionary; values; value; variety/ various: Wouldn’t we be, better off, having visionary leaders, rather than those, only considering, the same – old, same – old? When a leader’s values, align with the citizen’s needs, and he provides true value, we all benefit! This requires considering a variety of options and alternatives, and taking various courses of action, to choose, the best path, to pursue!
5. Empathy; emphasis; efforts; effective; excellence: Demand the utmost degree of genuine empathy, from every leader, so he will place his emphasis, and efforts, where they will provide, the most effective plans, and results! Never accept, good – enough, when excellence, is more desirable!
Choose leaders, who SOLVE, rather than make excuses, blame others, and often, create a crisis, and, then, attempt, to take credit, for overcoming, these, self – inflicted wounds! It’s time to make America sane, again!