If you haven’t heard of the latest, trending drink get ready because we have 5 fun facts that you should know about Bubble Tea, also known as Boba Tea. If you haven’t tried or heard of it, you’ll definitely want to go the nearest Bubble Tea cafe after you read these fun facts about this beverages.
This tea isn’t the healthiest drink for you, as it contains a lot of sugar and syrups based off fructose. The good news is that some cafes / shops do serve healthier versions of it, as they use organic milk, homemade syrups and the likes…
Either way, It is a yummy, fun and super refreshing beverage, which is most truly authentic!
Listed below you will find 5 fun facts about Bubble Tea that we promised you and that you should also, know…
1. Origin of Bubble Tea. This originates from Taiwan. However, a popular story about how it goes like this: A woman named Ms. Lin Hsiu, who worked in a tea stand in the 1980’s was feeling a tad bit bored during one of her breaks and in search of entertainment she dumped her Taiwanese dessert called “Fen Yaun” and her sweet tapioca pudding right into her Assam ice tea and she drank it. It was delicious!
In fact, it was so yummy, that it was added to the menu! Later, it became the franchise’s top selling drink! After other cafes / houses saw the success of this spontaneously created drink, they began adding tapioca pearls and an assortment of fruit flavors to their ice teas. As we know it – that’s how it came to be…
2. Bubble Tea is Trending: As you may or may not know, the popularity of this Tea is over the top! Today, you can find Bubble Tea shops all over the streets of Taiwan. Popularity has increased so much that it has spread onto the streets of China and South Korea. Furthermore, in the states it is also blowing up as it’s a pretty big deal in cities like San Francisco, California and in different cities in New York. However, to the majority of Westerners – it is yet to be discovered, but growing in popularity, nonetheless…
There are approximately 800 Bubble Tea shops in The United States, mainly in California and New York and other shops have been spotted in more than 30 other countries.
3. Bubble Tea in McDonald’s? In 2012, McDonald’s was the first global, fast food chain to hear of this new drink / trend and actually give it a go… McDonald’s served Bubble Tea for one month at their German locations. Customers were offered three different options – with or without milk, seven flavors of syrup, four options were available and two jelly options. In the end, there was a total of 252 combinations that customers could choose from.
4. Adults Drinking Bubble Tea: Yes, adults do in fact drink this tea. We can see how the name can be misleading and people can easily assume that it was made for kids or young adults.
The fact is, that this tea first became a sensation with school children from Taiwan. But, it is certainly not only for kids. It is like any other typical ice tea. However, when you drink this Tea, you’re going to have a lot more fun! In New York, back in 2008 a bar was spiking up it. Now… Is that creative or what? Sadly, this bar in New York is now closed.
5. The Many Names of Bubble Tea: It is just one of the many popular names for this fun drink. But, It has quite a few names that it goes by in popular culture. Some of these names include: Tapioca, Momi Milk, Q, Boba Nai Chai, Milk Tea, Boba Tea, Pearl Tea and frankly, a bunch of others names… Call it what you like. As you can see, there are plenty of names to choose from.
Again, if you haven’t tried this tea, maybe it is time that you do… Bubble Tea is a delicious drink, that’s also, a lot of fun to drink! Best of all, you can totally customize your this Tea. From the tea you pick to the flavor. Moreover, you can add as much sugar as you want and last but not least you can order your Tea with either tapioca pearls or jelly.
Source by Rosario Berry