It’s generally, far simpler, and requires, considerably less work and leadership, to respond to obstacles, by blaming and complaining, in order to make the issue, political and adversarial, rather than, seeking the best possible, well – considered, viable solution, which is both, relevant and sustainable, and emphasizes the greater good! Perhaps, more than ever, before, in recent memory, this nation needs public leaders, who are ready, willing, and able, to CREATE, instead of destroying. There is a significant difference, between, making changes, for, change – sake, and seeking/ implementing, quality changes, which might make a difference, for the better! In recent times, and, especially, since, Donald Trump was elected President of the United States, in 2016, we’ve witnessed scorched – earth, polarizing, partisan, politics, at an extremely, concerning rate! Ideally, if changes, are needed, our officials would consider many viable options, and alternatives, weigh the ramifications, and possibilities, plan effectively for contingencies, and fight to maintain this nation’s commitment to essential principles, especially, those discussed in the Constitution, and, our rights, freedoms, and justice, for all! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach.
1. Character; coordinate; clarity: Unfortunately, we should have discovered (and, hopefully will), the significance to seriously consider, any candidate’s quality of character, and demand absolute integrity, and genuine empathy! Great leaders seek to bring others together, for the common good, and coordinate activities, to enhance effectiveness, and efficiency! Instead of resorting to empty promises, and rhetoric, we’d be far better served, if/ when, every public official, emphasized, real clarity, in an inspiring manner!
2. Relevant; realistic/ real; reasoning; reach – out: How can anyone provide relevant leadership, unless/ until, he reaches – out, with an open – mind, with a keen – eye, on what is real, and proceeding, in a realistic manner? Examine one’s reasoning and rationale, and demand better!
3. Empathy; emphasis: Demand, every public leader, emphasizes, effective listening, and commits to learn, from every experience, and conversation, in order to determine, where to place his primary emphasis!
4. Attitude; aptitude; attention; articulate; actions: We need to elect individuals, with a positive, can – do, attitude, combined with possessing the relevant, necessary, aptitude, and skill – set, to make a difference, for the better! He must pay attention, to what constituents, the nation, and the planet, need, rather than emphasizing any personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest! Evaluate how one articulates his message, the level of reality, and integrity, and how well, he conceives of, creates, develops, and implements, a quality, strategically – designed, action plan!
5. Time – tested; timely; true/ trust/ trustworthy: How well, one prepares, in a relevant, time – tested manner, and avoids procrastination, by consistently, proceeding, in a timely, well – considered way, often, differentiates, the leaders, we need, from the rest – of – the – pack! If most don’t consider a leader, trustworthy, they won’t trust him, enough, to follow his directions, and focus for the future, and best interests of our nation! Demand, public leaders, tell the truth, and articulate true, well – considered ideas!
6. Excellence; enrich: Instead of settling for good – enough, demand public leaders proceed, with genuine excellence! It should, and must be, their duty, to enrich our nation, in a relevant, sustainable way!
Aren’t you tired, of, the same – old, same – old, lack of genuine leadership, from our public leaders? They must effectively, CREATE a better, America!