Pete Townsend wrote, and The Who, performed, the famous lyrics, Won’t be fooled again. Anthony Newly asked, What Kind Of Fool Am I? We’ve all heard, many times, Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. These days, it seems, many voters, pay little – heed, to these wise words! Although, I am not now, nor have I ever been, a supporter of Donald Trump, I can somewhat understand, why some, might vote for him (although, I believe, mistakenly) in 2016, including, believing he would change things, for the better (and they thought, we needed that), their opposition to his political opponent, looking fondly at what they believe, were, The good old days, etc, I believe, after witnessing Trump’s performance, in the position, if they still support and trust him, it says something about them. Is it greed, self – interest, or are so many people, FOOLS. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Future; fruition; facts; furnish: Wouldn’t it make sense, to proceed, based, on the facts, data, etc, rather than anyone’s intuition, or so – called, gut? Rather than, looking at things, in terms of one’s personal/ political agenda, short – term populism, etc, doesn’t the nation need, and deserve, representation by an individual, who plans for the future? Instead of, merely, resorting to blaming and complaining, and making promises, and using rhetoric/ vitriol, we need leaders, who will furnish, the best path, forward, and bring sustainable, viable solutions, to fruition!
2. Options; organized: Since, there’s often, more than one way to proceed, it’s important to vote for someone, willing to consider and examine, a variety of options and alternatives, without prejudgment! In addition, to achieve, what is best, he must be organized, to effectively and efficiently, get – it – done!
3. Optimize; open – mind: Instead of settling for good – enough, we need, to elect people, who seek to optimize, his impact, for the greater good! To do so, this person must proceed with an open – mind, instead of, merely, his personal agenda, and/ or, self – interest!
4. Listen; learn; leading: How can anyone, proceed, in an empathetic way, unless/ until, he effectively listens, and learns from every conversation and experience, in order to gain greater expertise? Isn’t that the essence of genuine, leading?
5. Solutions; symptoms; strengths/ stronger; system: The United States, needs, and deserves, to have a leader, who understands symptoms, before they become a crisis, and proceed, with a well – considered, viable solution! This individual must possess the strength of personal character, and skill – set, to perceive and conceive of, create, and implement, the finest possible system!
Wake up, America, and demand better, instead of being treated, as FOOLS! Will you commit to being a more – informed voter?