In 2008, America was the first western industrialized country to elect Barack Obama as a non-white Head of State.. In 2016, ehe pendulum swung backwards in the election of ultra-white media-made business tycoon Donald Trump. As Trump rolls back progress made under Obama toward global cooperation in critical areas such as climate change and health care, it may help Americans to review what makes their country so great.
1. America has a great foundation. The 1776 Declaration of independence states that the new country freeing itself from England is based on an inalienable human right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
2. The 1786 Constitution set out the rights that would be protected. Those include the right to free speech and freedom of the press, the right to assemble and right to bear arms.
3. Amendments to the Constitution spelled out rights not foreseen by the forefathers in line with their intent. Thus, one-time slaves were acknowledged as full citizens, as were women with the winning of the right to vote.
4. The law rules in America. The ingenious part of the Constitution is its separation of the country’s governing powers into three branches, one that makes the law,another that puts is into practice and a third that mediates when the other two come into conflict. In the ned, the Constitution wins.
5. America provides legal protection. During the 250 years since its founding. America has developed a legal system in line with the constitution that ensures the rights of its citizens. That evolution in law goes on. As the Miranda law today protects the rights of the accused, legislation now is in the works to regulate gun traffic in the country..
6. America is helpful and forgiving. Social aid is available to those in need and bankruptcy laws get others out of financial troubles. Legal recourse is always available to those who feel slighted. When in doubt, call a lawyer or two.
7. If legal relief for a grievance is unattainable or out of reach, America is open to media outreach. If ticked off and unable to get action from landlord, the city or business, Americans are freed to contact media that in the US are fan-friendly, starting with local presses and stations.
8. America is friendly. Yes, America as a complex nation of immigrants sees daily violence in the jews but that is not the American norm. Conflicts are inevitable. They are put into perspective by a walk to the local bodega. The Mexican ot Indian behind the counter is there to please and that is the real person behind the currently scary label of immigrant.
9. America is the land of opportunity for change. Americans have a Constitutional right to assembly. They can organize marches, sit-ins, sit-downs and walk-outs. All that;s needed is a motivating cause. America gives the aggrieved the room in which to collectively express their displeasure.
10. America loves to party. A land of immigrants provides for holidays throughout the year. The all-American 4th of July and Thanksgiving Day are among the greats. Others include St. Patrick’s Day, Istaeli Independence Day, Puerto Rican and Caribbean Days That’s not even to mention New Year, celebrated by all the wide world over.
The list could go on and it builds with the thought of just how lucky are those who are in America. The path through 2019 may continue to be stressful but 2020 will bring an election and a Census conducted every 10 years. That will count us all without regard to status. Everyone here now is a resident, equally grateful to smile on a neighbor who could be from anywhere else in the world.Get a free .com.ng domain name and 2GB Space + 8GB Bandwidth + Free SSL Cert for N5,000 Only!