Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Consultant for TB Demand Creation
- Breakthrough Action Nigeria (BA-N) is a USAID funded Social behaviour change project with the goal of increasing practice of priority individual health behaviour in target states in MNCH+N, FP, Malaria and Tuberculosis. Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in partnership with governments, civil society, and communities around the world to implement creative and sustainable SBC programming, nurture SBC champions, mainstream new techniques and technologies, and advocate strategic and sustained investment in SBC.
- Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria supports the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy control programme (NTBLCP) in Tuberculosis (TB) related Social and behaviour change (SBC) activities with aim at increasing TB case detection. The project will be implementing TB SBC activities in selected LGAs in Kano State to improve TB case finding and ensure sustained TB programming in spite of current global and national challenges.
Scope of Work:
- The State Consultant will provide required technical and strategic level coordination for TB implementation in the state including programmatic oversight for all BA-N TB demand creation activities in the state.
Specifically, the state consultant will:
- Provide visible project leadership for BA-N TB demand creation activities in the state including partnership management, stakeholder’s engagement and overall coordination of all BA-N TB demand creation activities.
- Provide day to day oversight and supervision to the implementation of the TB demand creation activities in state including supervision of LGA TB consultant.
- In collaboration with the Kano State TB and leprosy control programme, and partners, identify and conduct advocacy to all relevant stakeholders at state, LGA, facility and community level.
- Work together with the LGA TB consultant in the coordination and monitoring of activity across all intervention areas.
- Coordinate and manage logistics for internal and external meetings, workshops, and other program activities as needed with support from the Country Office TB team
- Coordinate distribution of project materials to the relevant intervention sites within the state and ensure effective monitoring and documentation of utilization.
- Monitor implementation of TB activities amongst PPMVs, religious leaders, NURTW and community leaders in the implementation LGAs of the state.
- Identify and resolve issues as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and determining the appropriate application;
- Document the implementation process, success stories and provide key highlights including lessons learned on a monthly basis and submit the same to the Senior program Officer II -TB.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Social / Health Sciences, or related discipline is required. An advanced degree is desirable.
- 5-7 years previous experience carrying out related task with donor-funded project is desirable;
- Previous work experience implementing USAID-funded or donor funded health programs is strongly preferred;
- Ability to work collaboratively and proactively.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving skills and attention to details is essential;
- Knowledge of key health sector players in the public and aid sectors in Nigeria required; previous work in TB will be added advantage
- Excellent communication skills (written & spoken) in English and Hausa languages is required;
- Geographical knowledge of the state is a must. Candidates who currently reside in Kano State will be given top priority
Period of Engagement:
- 6 months (August 2020 to January 2021) – Possible extension of contract subject to donor funding.
Application Closing Date
5th August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a PDF copy of their CV to: [email protected] using the “Consultancy Title and Location” as the subject of the email.
Application Instruction / Notice
To apply for this position, please follow the instructions exactly as described below. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions exactly will be discarded without review:
- Address the education / experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary.
- Language skills. (Please note that language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.)
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- CVs must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: ADAMU ISA).
- The subject line of your email should be the consultancy title and location. E.g. “State Consultant for TB Demand Creation – Kano”
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation. Any applications that include certificates or other documents will be deleted immediately