Nile University of Nigeria, is a world class university located in the heart of Nigeria, Abuja. Our university community is composed of robust, hardworking, friendly and committed staff from different nationalities all over the world that work tirelessly to help our teeming students actualize their dreams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Professor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Ref: NUN-FENGA-001
- The Department of Architecture seeks to appoint an exceptional lecturer with teaching and research interests in architecture. Specifically, the Professor will:
- Ensure that course design and delivery comply with the quality standards and regulations of the university and department.
- Lead research and/or innovation proposals and projects with the potential to generate income, to manage project deliverables, deliver outputs and secure impact.
- Work with university stakeholders to identify sources of research funding and lead the process of securing funds.
- Manage the delivery of individual and/or collaborative research projects to time and on budget.
- Apply knowledge acquired from research and innovation as well as scholarship to learning and teaching, and appropriate external activities.
- Lead the production and dissemination of research outputs.
- Lead the design and production of peer-reviewed publications and/or practitioner outputs, and/or disseminate research findings using other appropriate media.
- Make presentations at local, national, and international academic and/or practitioner conferences or exhibit work in other appropriate events.
- Supervise research degree students to ensure timely completion and/or undertake the duties of Director of Studies for research degree students to manage timely completion.
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes
- A Ph.D. in Architecture
- Minimum of 15 years teaching and research experience with publications in national and international journals. e
- Regular and consistent incorporation of innovation into teaching including development and implementation of new programmes especially involving innovative methodologies.
- Evidence of contribution to professional development programmes, designed to improve teaching/learning, develop skills, raise awareness of pedagogic issues etc. or a track record of successful support given to others seeking to develop their teaching or the learning experience of their students.
- Candidates must possess demonstrable competence to provide academic leadership with evidence of collaborative research work with academics within the university and elsewhere.
- Administrative skills, as well as the ability to develop and lead activities and staff at the university.
- Applicants must be computer Literate with advanced skills in ARCHICAD and other BIM software etc.
- Must have membership/registration with relevant professional bodies such as NIA and ARCON
- Ability to contribute to the achievement of the School Development Plan and the institutions strategic planning processes.
Other Attributes Eligible Candidates Must Possess Include:
- Ability to identify opportunities for strategic development/improvement e.g., research projects, new courses, consultancy.
- Ability to identify (through the analysis of appropriate management information) areas requiring improved performance e.g., student numbers, student satisfaction.
- Ability to take responsibility for several key areas such as Chairing and participating in School and Institutional committees, leading projects.
- Ability to communicate and disseminate complex and conceptual ideas in a variety of ways – presentations or exhibitions at national or international conferences, reports on find.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should quote the reference number as the subject of the e-mail and send their current curriculum vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to: [email protected]
- Please include in your application, a statement of how you meet the advertised criteria, as well as names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements and abilities.
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Register&upload resume via apply online
Already registered,Login, click apply online, submit resume to apply for this position
Job expires in 90 days.