The Edo State Government, led by Governor Obaseki, implemented the Edo Basic Education Sector Transformation (EdoBEST) programme to improve basic education across the state. Through EdoBEST, the government is transforming learning outcomes for the 300,000 children across 1,029 public primary and471 junior secondary schools in Edo State. EdoBEST is a Government designed and lead programme that is re-training all 15,000 government teachers- novice and experienced – to be technologically supported and empowered teachers. Under EdoBEST, The Edo Supporting Teachers to Achieve Results (Edo STAR) programme is a hands-on government teacher training initiative forming a core pillar of the State’s reform agenda for basic education. The programme is developing a more highly skilled teaching workforce by training, supporting and motivating Edo State teachers to succeed in the classroom of tomorrow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Manager, Administration
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Benin, Edo, Nigeria
- Our people are at the core of what we do, from the teachers in our schools to the software developers building our tech platform – and we do it at massive scale with rapid growth.
- We are the champions of EdoBEST culture.
- We find passionate change-makers across rural communities, informal settlements and global cities who want to lead the movement to reform public education.
- We help them grow through continuous learning, strong focus on performance and extensive collaboration.
- We rely on technology to engage with, innovate for and serve thousands of our people spread across multiple time-zones.
- We are evidence-based, outcomes driven and lead through service.
About the Role
- The Administration Manager is responsible for overseeing all the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the Edo BEST Office and can lead strategic projects and events to improve the well-being of EdoBESTstaff.
- This person is a highly energetic, superstar idea generator, organizer, project manager, and Microsoft Office whiz that can manage several Administration assistants and is willing to work whatever hours and times are needed to get things done.
- Last but not least, the Administration Manager is a friendly but firm presence in the office to ensure that all Company policies are being adhered to.
- Administration is responsible for all office support functions, including but not limited to support offices, school leader and teacher training locations, warehouses, and overseeing employee transport and housing as and when needed.
- We are responsible for the look and feel of each of our spaces, and ensuring each supports each team member to do their best work each day, individually and collectively, and that our culture is embodied in our workspaces.
- In addition to embodying our work values and encouraging cross-functional collaboration, our workplaces should provide a healthy and safe work environment.
- We ensure each team member has the assets they need to properly complete their work each day and are supported both in their home office and during work travel. Our work helps everyone stay connected to why we do what we do every day.
What You Will Do:
- Supervises and manages administrative assistants.
- Managing the duties of office cleaners, building security, and maintaining a relationship with building management to ensure thatEdoBESTis receiving the correct level of service.
- Lead the Administration Department in providing high-quality service to the entire Company and any visitors, including maintaining regular quality tea service, front desk support, onboarding employees, etc.
- Manage security for the building – reviewing CCTV footage, ensuring that only authorized personnel are in the office, etc.
- AssistEdoBESTStaff with questions and concerns around the work environment.
- Manage and maintain inventory and stock controls over administration assets (office supplies, furniture, etc.), leverage technology and systems to ensure that tracking is repeatable, scalable, and fail-safe.
- Strategically manage the Company’s floor plan/layout and general office needs.
- Ensure that the work environment is well kept and motivating for employees.
- Organize company events, both in and out of the office.
What You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a top academic institution with top marks.
- Superb Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Very competent with technology platforms and quick to pick up new systems.
- At least four years’ experience working in project management/fast-paced environments, ideally with an administrative bent.
- Prior experience as an Administration Manager preferred; experience working in Administration.
- Prior management and project management experience.
- High energy, highly motivated personality but a stickler for rules.
- Good communicator – verbal and written.
- Available at all hours (when necessary) to attend to the office in person.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, we work in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
Application Closing Date
22nd February, 2021.
How To Apply
Job expires in 20 days.