Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
The Job : M & E Manager (Performance Management)
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Abuja, Nigeria with intermittent travel throughout the country
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the M&E Manager (Performance Management) to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has three task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All three task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- This position will support the leadership and coordination for TO2, TO3 and TO4 M&E activities. This position will manage the implementation of TO2, TO3, and TO4 M&E activities and ensure continuous tracking of respective task order performance using the performance management plan (PMP).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Participate in the development and update of the Country Performance Management Plan, that is aligned with PSM Nigeria goal and USAID Nigeria Mission development objective.
- Coordinate the tracking of program indicators, measure performance against benchmark/targets and track trends of project performance.
- Participate in project work plan development and update ensuring that work plan outputs are aligned with PMP indicators.
- Identify source documents for new indicators and pattern of information flow and critical assumptions for meeting project deliverables.
- Support the development of performance feedback mechanism to the state LMCU.
- Support performance review meetings, where performance trends and exceptions are discussed with technical leads, and follow up on corrective actions that are identified, lessons learned, and potential risks to project implementation, and associated preventive actions.
- Conduct capacity building for Government of Nigeria staff at federal and state level on Performance Management to transfer requisite skills, and imbibe the culture of performance management to strengthen supply chain management system within the government.
- Support the development and implementation of electronic data management system including performance dashboard to track in country supply chain indicators.
- Coordinate efforts to ensure data used for decision making are of good quality through capacity building initiative at data collection and processing points.
- Support the development and review of consultants’ and STTA provider`s SOWs
- Support the development of the methodology for program performance review and Continuous Quality Improvements.
- The M&E Manager will report to the Snr. M&E Manager
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Job Qualifications and Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science/Social Science discipline or a related field
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience in an M&E position, where responsible for implementing M&E activities for USAID or international donor-funded development projects
- Proven experience in designing and implementing Monitoring and Evaluation systems for public health programs / projects or logistic services in Nigeria.
- Experience in planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing Performance Management Plans
- Knowledge of evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative / quantitative), data collection and analysis methodologies; experience with innovative and electronic, real-time monitoring methods highly desired
- Proficiency in database software packages; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SPSS. etc.
- Demonstrated experience in working with government structures at central or sub-national levels
- Attendance in any logistic training at least 5 days training on core areas of logistics
- Specific experience in HIV/AIDS, RH, TB, or Malaria programs strongly desired
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
- Ability to lead a team, and coordinate across different teams
- Fluency in English is required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Good technical writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills: must function well in a team setting.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Training facilitation skills is a plus.
Application Closing Date
4th January, 2021.
How To Apply
CLick Here To Apply ONline
Register&upload resume via apply online
Already registered,Login, click apply online, submit resume to apply for this position
Job expires in 12 days.