KPMG is a global network of independent professional services firm with deep expertise in the provision of audit, tax and advisory services to clients in various industries and sectors of the economy. The Firm is well represented in Nigeria and across the African continent, with the objective of providing exceptional and quality services to multinational, regional and local clients and to enhance the product offerings in certain previously under-serviced markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Lawyer, Quality and Risk Management
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Ref No: 151465BR
- Provides adequate support to the Risk Management Unit in ensuring that the firm complies with statutory obligations, and the Firm’s risks are appropriately identified, monitored, mitigated, and where necessary, eliminated through the design and/or implementation of control frameworks, policies and procedures.
- The successful candidate will join the legal team in managing the liaison with external legal counsel and managing the Firm’s legal affairs.
- Support the development and maintenance of an effective and efficient compliance framework to ensure optimal statutory and regulatory compliance.
- Participate in contract negotiations and relevant discussions with clients to ensure compliance with the Firm’s standard business terms and conditions and ensure that the Firm is properly protected.
- Provide high quality legal assistance for the business units of the Firm and act as a true business partner for internal clients.
- Participate in internal risk management and independence compliance reviews in line with global requirements.
- Assist in the administration of data privacy matters of the Firm.
- Provide top-quality support in managing queries on ethics, independence and risk management policies, procedures and systems.
- Participate in administering quality and risk management training programs.
- Manage the liaison with General Counsel, External Legal Counsel, Insurance brokers, Regulators and other relevant stakeholders.
- Perform other quality and risk management duties as assigned.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor of Law degree with a minimum of second class upper (2:1).
- Certificate of Call to the Nigerian Bar with a minimum of second class upper (2:1).
- 3 – 5 years post-NYSC relevant work experience. Experience gained in a professional services firm will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours:
- Knowledge of local and global Auditor’s Independence Rules such as SEC, IFAC Code of Ethics for Accountants and ICAN Regulations, will be an added advantage.
- Ambitious, mature and business-minded with strong leadership skills and high ethical standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and share knowledge.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and analytical ability.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines.
- Good appreciation and working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Register&upload resume via apply online
Already registered,Login, click apply online, submit resume to apply for this position
Job expires in 87 days.