Here the latest Npower news in Nigeria today…
The Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development has finally issued a statement on releasing Npower Batch C shortlisted names. Naija News recalls that the Npower portal for 2020 Batch C intakes opened at exactly 11: 45 pm on Friday, 26th June 2020, hours after some applicants had already registered for the scheme as against the directive of the social intervention scheme.
The Minister for Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development, Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq has given an update on the commencement of the Npower Batch C scheme. She gave the update in a series of tweets from her Twitter account on Tuesday, 27th October where she also recounted gains from the scheme.
Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq, the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development has given an important update on the payment of outstanding stipends for exited Batch A and B beneficiaries of the Npower scheme. The Minister in a series of tweets via her Twitter account on Tuesday, 27th October explained that those with outstanding payments were affected by the platform migration from NIBSS to GIFMIS by the Office of Accountant General of the Federation in March 2020.
Beneficiaries under the N-Power Programme who were omitted from the payment of their stipends have been directed by the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government to report to their state focal persons for verification and revalidation. The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Farouq, made this call on Tuesday.
The social intervention scheme of the Federal Government, N-Power, has reportedly started payment of July stipend to Npower beneficiaries. Naija News understands that the Federal Government commenced the payment of Npower July stipend to all the batch A and B Npower beneficiaries on Friday, a report filed by All News, quoted a graduate beneficiary of the scheme who uses UBA, Ademeso Temitope, to have confirmed the payment.
Npower news on permanency for batch A and B beneficiaries is what most Nigerians who enrolled in the N-Power scheme are searching for on the internet these days. Naija News has obtained the latest Npower news permanency for batch A and B beneficiaries amid the growing concern over the unpaid stipends due to the beneficiaries of the Federal Government’s social intervention scheme.
A former Presidential candidate and human rights activist, Omoyele Sowore has urged Npower Batch A and B beneficiaries to join him on October 1 #RevolutionNow mass protest he is spearheading. Naija News recalls that the exited Batch A and B Npower beneficiaries are contesting their disengagement by the Federal Government led by President Muhammadu Buhari through protests.
A total number of 15,246 beneficiaries of both batches A and B Npower beneficiaries in Kwara state were paid a sum of N13.3 billion before they exited the programme, National Social Investment Programme (NSIP), has said. Naija News reports that Kwara state Focal Person of NSIP Hajia Bashirah Abdulrazaq who disclosed this in a statement on Wednesday said that batch A beneficiaries of the programme were engaged for a period of 42
months and were paid a total sum of N7.4 billion.
Nigeria’s Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajia Sadiya Umar Farouq, has noted that the Npower Batch C recruitment which is currently at the review stage will be free and fair. She gave the assurance on Thursday during a meeting in Abuja with the state focal persons for the Social Investment Programmes.
The Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development has denied releasing any list of successful candidates for the second stage of the Batch C Npower recruitment programme. To this end, the Ministry called on Nigerians to disregard the viral fraudulent messages which emerged on Thursday evening and claimed the list of successful candidates have been released.
Sadiya Umar Farouq, the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs Disaster Management and Social Development on Thursday approved the payment of Stipends to the exiting N-Power beneficiaries under one of its National Social Investment Programmes. The Minister on Monday noted approval has been given for the payment of the outstanding stipends for the exited N-Power Batches A and B beneficiaries.
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Sadiya Umar Farouq, on Friday disclosed an update on the N-Power programme as Batch C will commence soon. The Minister stated this at an event in commemoration of the ministry’s first year anniversary in Abuja.
The Federal Government social intervention scheme, N-Power, has commenced the payment of Npower stipends to affected beneficiaries. Naija News reports that N-Power commenced the payment of Npower stipends today, Wednesday, August 19, after seventy-nine days protests by aggrieved batches A and B beneficiaries of the social intervention scheme.
Some Batch C applicants of the federal government social intervention scheme, Npower have started receiving e-mail updates from administrators of the scheme. It is understood that the mail is been received by some of those who had earlier completed the application process before the recruitment portal was closed.
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar Farouq, has finally revealed when Npower beneficiaries will receive their unpaid stipends. Naija News reports that the Minister said batch A and B beneficiaries of the Federal Government social intervention scheme, N-Power, will receive their stipends before the onboarding of the new beneficiaries by the government led by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Aisha Yesufu, a rights activist and co-founder of the Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) movement, has asked disengaged N-Power protesters to meet with other agitators to “protest on the same day.” Naija News reports that Aisha’s call is coming at a time Npower beneficiaries are still lamenting the delay in payment of Npower June stipend and Npower July stipend for the year 2020.
Beneficiaries of the federal government social investment scheme, Npower have again cried out over the non-payment of their outstanding stipends and other benefits. The disgruntled beneficiaries who took to the micro-blogging site, Twitter to voice their anger on Wednesday blamed Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq, the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development for the non-payment of their stipends.
The Honourable Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development in Nigeria, Sadiya Umar Farouq has given a summary of her activities in the last one week. The Minister took to her verified Twitter handle on Sunday in a series of tweets to highlight what she has been doing.
An appeal has gone out from the government of Osun State to former N-Power teachers to resume and prepare students for their forthcoming West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE). The Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Special Intervention Programmes, Lukman Bello, made the appeal on Monday.
In the last four years, the federal government has spent ₦14 billion on the programs of the Ministry of Social Welfare under Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq in Jigawa State alone. Plans include feeding primary school students, the N-Power youth program, and the distribution of ₦5,000 stipend per month. While N9.074bn has been spent on the ₦5,000-month program for the needy, ₦5.178 billion has been spent on the primary school feeding program from 2017 to date in Jigawa.
At least 2,000 Npower beneficiaries held a ‘Thank You Rally’ to Aso Rock, Nigeria’s Presidential Villa over the success of the N-Power scheme and other Social Intervention Programmes in the country. Naija News reports that the ‘Thank You Rally’ to Aso Rock was led by the Concerned Citizens/ N- Power Forum with participants drawn across the 36 states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The Federal Government led by President Muhammadu Buhari has extended Npower online application by two weeks. Naija News reports that with the development, potential beneficiaries of the Federal government empowerment programme (N-Power) can continue with the online application till the next two weeks.
The Federal Government of Nigeria has responded to the demands of some protesting N-Power beneficiaries who want exiting Batch A and B beneficiaries to be employed by the government. The protesting beneficiaries had also on Thursday, 23rd July, demanded that the government pay each of them N600,000 grants if it couldn’t employ them permanently.
Several aggrieved beneficiaries of the Federal government empowerment programme (N-Power) are currently protesting in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital. Naija News reports that the aggrieved Npower beneficiaries over their disengagement from the programme and unsettled stipends.
Some NPower beneficiaries were not paid their stipends because the payment platform already recognised their accounts, the ministry of humanitarian affairs, disaster management, and social development has said. In a statement on Thursday, Rhoda Iliya, deputy director of information at the ministry, revealed that 14,020 beneficiaries of NPower have existing accounts on the payroll of other agencies.
That’s the latest Npower news in Nigeria for today. Read more Nigerian news on Naija News. See you again tomorrow.
Source: Naija News