The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratorian
Ref. No: STS2020 – 002
Locations: 6 Geo-Political Zones, Nigeria
Recruitment Type: National (Short-term Contract)
Duration: December 2020 – June 2021
- Set up and sanitize workspace.
- Assist in the taking of anthropometry measurements.
- Process collected samples including centrifugation and aliquoting samples.
- Analyze samples using point-of-care machine and rapid diagnostic test kits while adhering strictly to the SOP.
- Good knowledge of parasite identification and proficiency in microscopy.
- Pack and transport biological samples to a temporary storage facility.
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper or electronic) with accuracy.
- Always keep the workstation well-organized.
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards while working.
- Bachelors in Medicine, medical laboratory science/technology. An employee of state or federal government with above qualifications can also apply and must have a current practice license.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have experience with packing, transporting, and shipping biological samples
- Have experience with surveys and data collection with blood collection (e.g.: HIV survey, etc.).
Application Closing Date
17th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor or professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.