The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was established by the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to among other things organize elections into various political offices in the country. Kindly read on below for information about INEC Recruitment News 2020 (www.inecnigeria.org).
INEC Edo State Recruitment 2020
As part of preparations for the forthcoming governorship elections in Edo and Ondo states, the Independent National Electoral Commission, says it will conduct a recruitment and deploy 38,887 officials for the two elections.
The commission noted that the ad hoc staff would respectively serve as Returning Officers, Local Government Area Collation Officers, Registration Area Collation Officers, Supervisory Presiding Officers, Presiding Officers, Assistant Presiding Officers (1, 2 and 3), Assistant Presiding Officers (Voting Points), Constituency Supervisors, LGA Supervisors, Governorship Constituency Supervisors and Reserves.
INEC Recruitment General Requirements
In addition, an applicant must:
- Be a Nigerian Citizen;
- Present a Certificate of State of Origin Signed by the Chairman! Secretary of his/her Local Government. A Certificate of endorsement by Liaison Officers is not acceptable;
- Be computer literate;
- Be Certified by Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in the Commission;
- Not be above 35 years of age.
Key Points to Note on INEC Recruitment
Please take note of these key points when applying for INEC Recruitment 2020.
- Have all the necessary credentials
- Scan and Upload your Credentials on www.inecrecruitment.com
- INEC Shortlisted Candidates will be published shortly after
- Don’t pay anyone who claims he can help you get a Job in INEC
- The application process is free of charge
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the next phase of the recruitment
How to Apply for INEC Recruitment 2020
There is no formal recruitment process yet. But the official INEC recruitment portal is www.inecrecruitment.com and also keep visiting this page so we can keep you updated with more information.
Is INEC Recruitment form 2020 out?
No the INEC form for recruitment is not out yet.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has also reacted to the circulation of letters of employment. The commission, in a terse statement posted on its verified Twitter page on Saturday, warned Nigerians to be careful, adding that it was currently not conducting any recruitment exercise.
The commission described the letters making the rounds as a scam and advised affected members of the public to report to security agencies.
“Members of the public are hereby advised/warned that the commission suspended its recruitment programme in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic,” the statement added.
Meanwhile, INEC has announced that elections in Edo and Ondo States would still take place despite the coronavirus pandemic.
Please leave comments below if you need any clarification.