Norrenberger is a leading, independent financial services group that provides bespoke financial solutions that add value to our individual and institutional clients. Our component companies are licensed and regulated either by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) or the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) to provide Investment Banking, Fund Management, Financial Advisory and Foreign Exchange services to our discerning clientele.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
The Job : Halal Fund Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria
- The Position Holder is responsible for providing leadership to the investment management of the company’s Halal Funds portfolio, by contributing to the formulation of investment strategies, product development and process improvement initiatives;
- Maintain coverage of assigned research responsibilities;
- Ensuring efficient trade execution, portfolio administration and transaction processing;
- Setting up and managing a portfolio that offers an ideal investment facility, which allows to earn an attractive and stable riba-free returns on the portfolio while providing managing liquidity efficiently.
- In addition, the Position Holder would be expected to extensively collaborate with the Norrenberger Group’s strategy and direction to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies in line with Shariah principles.
- Develop Procedures and Processes: Produce and implement a manual of procedures and processes for all Halal investment-related activities to earn competitive returns through dynamic asset allocation between short-term and long-term Shariah Compliant investment outlets.
- Product Creation: Drive product creation to suit client / investor appetite.
- Trade Execution: Trade execution, including compilation and dissemination of approved portfolio trade orders to counterparties. The Position Holder is also responsible for ensuring efficient and accurate posting of portfolio and transaction data, leading efficient transactions processing.
- People Management: Responsible for driving and sustaining strategic people management practices that support the organization’s ability to achieve its corporate objectives. Strategically plan and direct operations of the portfolio management business; lead and manage the portfolio investment team.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Create new relationships and build advantageous relationships across the firm, as well as with key decision-makers in organizations in which Norrenberger either already has an existing relationship, or are in the organization’s client pipeline, in order to support the growth of the firm’s client-base and Halal Funds Under Management (HFUM), as well as its long-term business growth.
- Investment Strategy: Active contribution to the development and implementation of strategies to improve the portfolio management function.
- The Fund Manager shall hold overall responsibility for funds management to earn potentially competitive returns through dynamic asset allocation between Shariah Compliant Short-term instruments (such as Murabahah, Ijarah, etc), and long-term securities (e.g., Sukuk, musharaka, wakalah, istisna, and Ward Hassan, etc.), while ensuring capital preservation. He/she must be able to manage the portfolio to consistently earn returns that are highly competitive with conventional market instruments.
- Market Research and Analysis: Leads market research and analysis efforts into uncovering both global and local macroeconomic trends in Islamic finance, extensive research into various Halal financial instruments, and in-depth review of mostly active Halal instruments, in order to understand current trends, and forecast future performance of the portfolio, with the aim of applying this knowledge to keep up with benchmark returns.
- Manage Portfolio Performance: Develop the halal portfolio performance benchmarks and targets based on factual market information on a periodic basis (quarterly, half-yearly, and annually), or at any other frequency interval requested.
- Review Investment Proposals: Review proposals for investment in various Islamic instruments, both in the short term (e.g., Murabahah, Ijarah) and medium/long term instruments (musharaka, wakalah, istisna, and Sukuk, amongst others).
- Prepare funds management proposals to current and prospective clients.
- Ensure that prospectuses and other documents are completed, filed and distributed as regulations require.
- Asset Allocation: Review on a constant basis, the portfolio asset allocation to achieve desired objectives and/or goals, and ensure compliance with regulations as applicable.
- Must also ensure the funds operate in accordance with regulations outlined by authorities, such as the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Keep knowledge up-to-date about the economy, current financial news and financial markets
- 10+ years Experience in Hala fund Management.
- Minimum of B.sc in Management, Statistics, Finance, Mathematics, Accounting or Economics can be helpful, as can an MBA
- Professional Finance qualification.
- Good Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be registered at the Securities & Exchange Commission and have significant track records as a Fund Manager.
- Good Knowledge of Islamic Finance.
Application Closing Date
18th September, 2020.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Job expires in 8 days.