Havenhill Synergy Limited a clean-tech utility company that uses Solar Energy to generate clean, safe, cost-effective and sustainable electricity in rural and urban Nigeria. Havenhill is set to scale up her “end blackout” projects in rural communities by establishing several solar hybrid mini-grids and developing significant footprints in the commercial and industrial space.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Graduate Accounts / Finance Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Ensure timely, accurate and complete payments are done in line with payment schedules
- Ensure all tax returns are done in compliance with tax regulations and statutes.
- Ensure the Fixed Assets Register on quickbooks are accurate and correctly represent Havenhill’s and location of Fixed Assets with depreciation and book values accurate.
- Ensure all filling are done sequentially, with complete documentation and all records are safely preserved
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The role will include, but not be limited to the following responsibilities and accountabilities:
Payments, Cash and Bank Management:
- Plan weekly payment plans, bearing in mind due dates, bank account balance and separating funding in line with budget provisions.
- Identify and confirm budget provisions for amounts payable and make recommendations to the finance Manager.
- Ensure completeness of support documents before initiating payments
- Ensure payments are done from the correct bank account, whilst ensuring adequate funding of the bank account
- Advice all payment beneficiaries of details of payment within a day after each payment run.
- Ensure correct posting of all payments in vendor accounts or in the correct expense GL within 2 days after each payment run
- Attend to all bank reconciliation issues
- Ensure approved staff advances are promptly disbursed, disbursements recorded (within 2 day of payment).
- Ensure all retirements are done in line with Havenhill’s policy
Reporting and Budgeting:
- Provide support to the Finance manager in the preparation of the monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual report.
- Monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts
- Ensure that all bank reconciliations are signed off by the manager
- Provide support to the Finance manager in preparation of annual budget of the company alongside the variance analysis.
Fixed Asset Administration:
- Maintain a fixed asset register
- Ensure that all assets are properly identified, tagged and recorded in the accounting system
- Ensure clear separation, recording and accuracy of all fixed assets in the accounting ledger and fixed assets register. In that both the accounting ledger and the fixed assets register are reconciled and carry the same balance.
- Ensure timely and proper tracking and documentation of movement of fixed assets
- Carry out quarterly verification of Fixed Assets, prepare a verification report, which is to include; physical inventory of assets, review of depreciation, additions, disposals, physical location and an updated Fixed Assets register.
- Ensure motor vehicle and other high-value assets are appropriately covered by insurance
- Conduct physical checks of all fixed assets inventory and ensure that all missing items are reported to the Finance Manager and CEO every quarter
Tax Returns and Management:
- Prepare monthly WHT and VAT schedules for both FCTIRS and FIRS
- Ensure payment is made within the timeframe accorded by the tax laws and statutes.
- Ensure tax remitted is acknowledged by the authorities and uploaded on their electronic mediums
- Ensure all tax receipts are promptly collected from the revenue authorities and/or their agents
- Ensure proper and referenced filing is done for all tax payments
- Provide support (documents, explanations and assistance) for all tax audits and reviews
- Take responsibility for own continuous professional development by proactively identifying and participating in formal/informal learning opportunities
- Perform any other duties as required by the Financial Manager.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance from a reputable institution
- Minimum of 6 months to one year (post-NYSC) work experience in Finance department
- Sound IT skills including knowledge and experience of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to deliver results with low levels of supervision
- Very high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Evidence of successful commencement of any professional accounting qualification.
- Passionate about social issues
- Energetic, proactive approach to work
- High levels of initiative
- Enterprising attitude that is quick to search out alternative solutions to needs or problems
- Committed to delivering high quality results, with cost-effective use of resources
- Positive, flexible, supportive attitude towards work
- Can-do approach
- Driven and a self-starter
- Exhibits helpful behaviour beyond strict job requirements
- Works well under pressure and meets deadlines
- Multi-tasks effectively
- Integrity and high personal ethical standards
- Resilient and able to work well under pressure.
Must Have Skills:
- Account Administration
- Tax Accounting
- Finance and Accounting.
Application Closing Date
19th December, 2020.
How To Apply
Job expires in 28 days.