Standard Bearers School (SBS) was established at a time when the educational system in Nigeria was going through a difficult phase. While there seemed to be a proliferation of schools at the time, quality standards were fast diminishing. SBS opened its doors on January 7th, 1997 with a small group of committed teachers and a few pupils. The idea to establish SBS was borne out of the desire of the founder to create a school where academic and creative talents were given similar priorities.
SBS is a family school that offers holistic education to parents seeking a technology driven, 21st century education for their children. We are lifelong learners who belong to a community where all individuals are valued and supported on their journey to self- discovery.
At SBS, we are committed to giving our students a solid foundation and an excellent start to life. Hence, we encourage and guide them to become independent, confident and responsible members of the community.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Grade 3 Teacher
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Teach assigned subjects to first grade students according to curriculum plan.
- Coordinate with other first grade teachers to maintain consistency in curriculum.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional ideas according to school standards.
- Motivate students to participate in various educational activities.
- Develop creative learning opportunities for student’s education, social and behavioral growth.
- Interact with parents to inform about their children’s academic progress.
- Create positive, structured, learning and safe environment for students.
- Develop and maintain student behavioral and discipline policies.
- Coordinate with other staffs to evaluate and enhance curricular programmes for student academic excellence.
- Accommodate different learning styles and instruction methodology for English language learners and special education students.
- Use different assessment methods to evaluate student progress, their academic strengths and weaknesses.
- Maintain accurate attendance and grade records for each student.
- Assist in planning and implementing school programs and other activities.
- Develop positive parent teacher relationship and promote parent teacher partnerships.
- Monitor student activities in school premise and ensure safety of every student in the classroom and school grounds.
- Attend educational trainings and workshops for professional growth.
- Candidates must be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with excellent subject knowledge.
- Candidates must possess first Degree preferably in Education and the relevant teaching subject (B.Sc. Ed/B.Ed./PGCE).
- Candidates with Masters Degrees in Education have an advantage.
- Candidates with teaching experience in an international school environment are preferred.
- Candidates must possess at least 2-5 years of cognate experience.
- Possess above average writing and oral skills with excellent interpersonal, organizational and team skills.
- Candidate must be committed to helping children learn effectively in a secured environment.
- Must be an enthusiastic, imaginative and energetic individual capable of gaining the full potential from each child.
- Must be computer savvy, well groomed with the use of Microsoft Teams, Zoom and other learning platforms
- Teacher must have good writing and oral skills as this will be tested.
- Candidate must be able to build children’s vocabulary
- Candidate must have a good diction.
- Prospective candidates must be highly motivated.
- Individuals with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring pupils to love learning and excel in all subject areas.
Application Closing Date
11th January, 2021.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job expires in 14 days.