At Tuteria Limited, we’re driven by a mission to make quality personalized education accessible to everyone. We help learners connect with the best teachers and educational content, while also empowering people to earn income by teaching what they love.
Though we’ve had some early successes, we believe we can transform the way millions of people teach, learn and access education in Africa and beyond – and that we will achieve this by working with talented people who want to make a change in education and giving them the space, resources and support to do the best work of their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Finance and Accounting Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Gbagada, Lagos, Nigeria
- We are looking for a Finance Manager to help build out the finance and accounting functions at Tuteria. You’ll be expected to have deep technical accounting knowledge for Nigerian businesses, be comfortable working without existing structure, rigorously pay attention to details and be a strong cross-functional business partner able to deliver insights and offer a strategic lens to evaluating business opportunities.
- As the Finance Manager at Tuteria, you’ll be responsible for delivering against our Financial and Accounting mandate which includes financial planning and analysis, controls, accounting, budgeting, cash management, reporting, forecasting, overall P&L management etc.
- You’ll help structure the finance functions for the business, work with other teams to ensure it’s fully integrated across our operations, and serve as a business partner to the CEO and leadership to ensure Tuteria’s continued financial health, as well as build a finance team over time.
- Our team is small but highly effective, so your voice will be heard and your ideas will make meaningful contributions to the business.
- This is a full-time role based in Tuteria’s office in Gbagada, Lagos, Nigeria.
What You’ll be Doing
- Establish processes for budgeting, financial planning, cash flow forecasting, variance analysis, reporting, and P&L management. Perform month-end and year-end close.
- Prepare financial statements, including weekly, monthly, and quarterly management accounts. Track financial status and business performance to help identify potential risks or opportunities for improvement.
- Setup proper chart of accounts in Quickbooks and liaise with the product team to ensure consistency of financial data captured across all platforms.
- Create proper accounting processes for disbursement of funds, payment of tutors, tracking expenses, remittances, receipts, bank reconciliations, etc., and ensure all records are accurately recorded in Quickbooks and up-to-date at all times.
- Carry out daily reconciliation of all transactions, confirmation of payments and ensuring all inflows and outflows are properly accounted for.
- Setup better cash management practices and policies, and implement rigorous financial controls across all departments.
- Ensure filing of tax returns, generating tax payment slips and ensure taxes and other statutory obligations are paid on time.
- Liaise with 3rd-party persons such as Bank Account Managers, Auditors and Tax Consultants.
- Analyze the financial climate, historical data, and market trends to assist in creating strategic plans for business growth and direction.
- Build a finance team as needed; train and develop department staff to comply with financial processes.
- Work with the CEO on investor relations and fundraising, preparing business plans and board decks that show key business metrics and insights.
What it’ll take to succeed
- Have a deep understanding of the bookkeeping pain points of Nigerian businesses.
- Are abreast of IFRS standards and other accounting laws and principles in Nigeria
- Are a builder i.e you can turn incomplete, unstructured, conflicting, or ambiguous data into structured, manageable tasks and action plans.
- Have strong analytical abilities and can clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers that build our understanding of the business.
- Take an evidence-based, ethical and data-driven approach to making decisions.
- Are very comfortable with financial modeling in Excel, creating error-free reports, making presentations in Powerpoint or learning new software.
- Are organized, gritty and have a track record for driving change and impact in a fluid, unstructured working environment.
- Obsess over details, have a high ability to prioritize and work autonomously.
- Are proactive, effective at communicating with different audiences, and can bring different stakeholders to embrace an idea you believe in.
Requirements / Skills
You should have:
- A degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or any other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative, accounting orientation.
- 3+ years’ experience in finance, accounting or similar roles, especially if you created or led finance operations.
- An accounting certification such as ACCA or ICAN or pursuing same.
- Experience working with cloud accounting software, especially Quickbooks.
While this isn’t required, it’ll be a plus if you have:
- Worked in a high-growth, post-investment tech start-up.
- Created or co-founded a startup before.
What we offer
At Tuteria, we believe people who do great work deserve great support. Here are some of the benefits of joining our team:
- N150,000 – N200,000 monthly salary
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Annual learning development stipend
- 10 days of paid leave excluding public holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of paid maternity / paternity leave
- Company pension contribution
- Housing / relocation assistance if needed
- Stock options for exceptional teammates.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2020.
How To Apply
Job expires in 15 days.