Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : External Facilitator – Medical Legal Report Training
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Borno, Nigeria
- MdM is an international non-governmental organization, whose mission is to treat the most vulnerable populations in crisis and exclusion situations around the world. Médecins du Monde (MdM) has been active in Nigeria since August 2016 in the fields of primary healthcare (PHC), nutrition, Gender-Based Violence (GBV) and mental health and psychosocial services (MHPSS). MdM aims to respond to the emergency situation caused by the violent armed conflict in the North-eastern part of Nigeria.
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
- MdM has been deeply concerned about providing Medical care (Clinical management of Rape) to survivors of sexual violence, targeting both IDPs and host community
- Médecins du Monde intends to organize a day training for its staff. This Medical reporting training has been slated to take place on Saturday 22nd of May 2021, in Maiduguri, Borno State.
The Facilitator is expected to improve and build capacities of the Medical staff. And should focus on the issues below:
- How to perform examination on adult and child survivors/victims of sexual violence for the purpose of gathering and preserving evidence for potential use in a criminal prosecution
- Provide support to health workers to document injuries and to collect other forms of medico-legal evidence
- How to prepare written medical report that will be used as evidence in court proceedings and also testifying to the findings in court.
- Prepare a staff to have confidencein order to defend their conclusions in the face of opposition from lawyers, the media and even the survivors/victims’ families in the court.
- Prepare the staff on data analysis and opinion formulation
- The Facilitator will employ a participatory approach and other learning methods such as group work, questioning, demonstration etc.
- Resident Doctor in Pathology/Consultant Pathology or related field
- 7- 10 years of Experience either anatomical or clinical pathology.
- Having 3 years of experience in approved medico-legal investigation
- Certification by National Board of Pathology in Nigeria
- Valid and active medical license in the country of practice.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent facilitation skills
- Fluency in English is required
- Must Base in Borno State.
Application Closing Date
14th April, 2021.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a proposal for interest, maximum of 3 pages, indicating their competencies and experiences on similar activity, an estimated budget, as well as their availability to carry the mission (dates) to: [email protected] using “External Facilitator Medical Legal Report ” as the subject of the email.
Job expires in 11 days.