The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Design Manager
Requisition ID: req11413
Location: Abuja, Federal Capital, Nigeria
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
The Design Manager will support the Education department by designing, developing and overseeing the creation of compelling public-facing materials that a) communicate the results of and recommendations from programs and research in order to influence policy and practice and b) raise the profile of the Education team’s work. This person will also support the design of products used by our programs.
- Design and create quality digital and print content that includes pitch decks, presentations, infographics, illustrations, briefs, reports, and other materials for events and meetings
- Review existing assets, including photographs and templates, and curate high quality resources for repurposing
- Collaborate with Education and communications colleagues to scope design needs, propose recommendations for materials and execute these recommendations
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Senior Policy Advisor, Education
- Position directly supervises: N/A
- Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or External Contacts:
- Education Content Officer
- Education Product Officer
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Visual / Graphic Design (or equivalent); Masters preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years of graphic design work experience OR recent graduate of an advanced design program
- Experience in the humanitarian or development sector a plus
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated proficiency in design tools such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office.
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills.
- Experience working with designers from different backgrounds.
- Keen interest in humanitarian contexts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently
- Language Skills: Proficiency in English required
- This role may require working remotely full time. Applicants must have a home or alternate workspace they can effectively complete their work from during regularly scheduled hours.
Application Closing Date