At Tuteria Limited, we’re driven by a mission to make quality personalized education accessible to everyone. We help learners connect with the best teachers and educational content, while also empowering people to earn income by teaching what they love.
Though we’ve had some early successes, we believe we can transform the way millions of people teach, learn and access education in Africa and beyond – and that we will achieve this by working with talented people who want to make a change in education and giving them the space, resources and support to do the best work of their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Curriculum Manager (Test Prep)
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Gbagada, Lagos, Nigeria
- Tuteria is looking for an exceptional Curriculum Development Manager (Test Preparation) to help us create the highest-quality learning experience, instructional design and course content to help our students prepare for and pass pivotal exams like GMAT, SAT, GRE, IELTS etc.
- In this role, you’ll build interactive, hands-on curriculum and education programs that challenge students, help them easily learn and remember difficult concepts to ensure they excel. The Tuteria Curriculum ethos is to learn by doing – we focus on making learning interesting, effective and transformational. We’re looking for a manager who is an education planner and test-prep expert, having worked with students across various exams preparation.
- As our Curriculum Manager, you’ll work with expert tutors to build courses together. You will research best structure and strategies to teach each concept, translate the tutors’ domain expertise into effective, world-class learning experiences that give students the skills and knowledge they need to ace their exams.
- You’ll advocate for our students and for instructional quality through every step of course development, analyze student feedback to continue improving our content, and experiment with ways to improve the instructor and student experiences.
- This is a full-time role in our Gbagada office in Lagos.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and maintain world-class Test Preparation curriculums for kids and adults including SAT, Entrance exams, ACT, GMAT etc. This curriculum will be used by thousands of tutors and students.
- Collaborate with instructors to design effective learning experiences, managing and supporting them through the course development process
- Develop or guide the development of instructionally sound, creative and high quality learning solutions with high impact results that helps students succeed (e.g. curriculum design, storyboarding, self-study, e-learning, blended learning)
- Ensure course materials meet Tuteria quality standards and align with style guidelines
- Identify market needs by researching and assessing educational trends and initiatives.
- Be the first student during course development.
- Analyze feedback and performance data from user testing and prioritize revisions to improve the content effectiveness and drive student better outcomes.
Required Qualifications and skills
You should have:
- 3+ years experience as a Test Preparation teacher, ideally with dedicated curriculum development experience in Test Preparation covering pivotal exams.
- A degree or diploma in Education or a related field (a plus)
- Experience building and launching K-12 or adult-learning curriculum-focused products
- Strong product mindset and willingness to collaborate with product, engineering, marketing and operations teams to shape the product and learning outcomes.
What it’ll take to succeed:
- Have unwavering determination to do whatever it takes to help our students succeed, and relentlessly aim for highest results
- Have experience designing educational content from the student’s perspective, highlight areas for improvement, and prioritize learning by doing
- Have demonstrated knowledge of pedagogy standards, and the unique needs of K-12 students, adult students, teachers, and administrators
- Are a proactive self-starter with the ability to multitask, establish and rearrange priorities, and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- Are a creative system and process-oriented thinker with strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail, able to write clear process documentation.
- Have strong project management skills and ability to work collaboratively with others
- Can communicate clearly in speech and in writing, and able to get people to buy into your ideas.
What we offer
At Tuteria, we believe people who do great work deserve great support. Here are some of the benefits of joining our team:
- Salary range: N120,000 – N150,000 per month
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Annual Learning Development Stipend
- 10 days of paid annual leave excluding public holidays
- 12 weeks of paid maternity and 6 weeks of paternity leave
- Pension contribution from both Company and Employee
- Housing / relocation assistance
- Stock options to best performing employees
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2020.
How To Apply
Job expires in 15 days.