Institute of Directors Centre for Corporate Governance (IoDCCG) became a legal entity on 17th May, 2006. It is a collaborative project of three partners namely: Institute of Directors Nigeria, an affiliate of the Institute of Directors, United Kingdom and Member of the African Corporate Governance Network, the premier organization in Nigeria responsible for director development, the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), the regulatory authority for the Nigerian Capital Market and the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), the sole agency of government responsible for registration of companies in Nigeria. IoD Centre for Corporate Governance is a registered non-profit organization committed to improving and promoting good corporate governance principles, standards and practices in Nigeria through advocacy, research, high quality trainings and Corporate Governance consulting mandates.
The Centre is at the forefront of advocating the application of leading practices by private and public organisations, thereby contributing to, and advancing best and leading practices and culture of good Corporate Governance.
IoDCCG is an Affiliate Member of the African Corporate Governance Network (ACGN) and is authorized to use ACGN’s Logo in that regard. The Centre is in collaboration with Centre for International Private Enterprise, (CIPE) Washington, USA.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Corporate Governance Advisory, Research & Publications Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The CG Advisory, Research & Publications Officer will be responsible for handling all issues relating to the Centre’s Corporate Governance services, research functions and publications.
Duties and activity expectations include but are not limited to the ability to:
- Build the Centre’s reputation as a source of credible research and evidence based-advocacy in corporate governance and related fields.
- Identify potential grants, develop grant proposals and assist in grant completion and submission processes.
- Develop yearly and quarterly research work plans according to project needs
- Market corporate governance projects, including Board Evaluation, Corporate Governance Frameworks, Board Induction, In-Plant training, etc.
- Liaise with departmental heads to seek collaboration with private sector/international organisations for research projects and seek to win research grants.
- Identify and implement marketing strategies for sales of the Centre’s Publication so as to ensure that annual targets set for publication sales are met and exceeded.
- Assist in effective coordination, marketing and timely reporting of workshops, seminars and other capacity building programmes on corporate governance and related fields.
- WorkwithDepartmentalHeadstoconceptualise workshop/training/courses/certification as research may inform.
- Support the preparation of the Centre’s Research & Publication Budget and assist in maintenance of research database
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers for the Centre’s research publications and ensure prompt delivery.
- Oversee receipt and dispatch of correspondence and maintain appropriate files and records related to Research & Publication.
- Manage and Produce Research & Publication content (Newsletters, Corporate Governance Publications & Journals) on the Centre’s website as needed
- Analyse and resolve research issues in a timely manner
- Assist the Board Secretary in preparation for Board meetings.
- Effectively interface at all levels of the organisation.
- Perform all other functions as delegated by the Heads of Department and the CEO.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Law or other relevant fields.
- Professional Qualification; Post graduate or any relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role or functions;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and analytical ability
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Computer-literate and well versed in MS Office, etc.
- Ability to initiate/develop research and training ideas and write convincing proposals
- Strong professional and ethical attitude
- Strong start-finish attitude and result oriented
Application Closing Date
2nd March, 2021.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Job expires in 13 days.