OnePort 365 is the digital solution that is creating a radical change in the role of Africa in global trade. We are pioneering the concept of digital freight forwarding in Africa with our mix of innovation using technology and infrastructure to optimize supply chain profitability, efficiency, accountability and reliability. We are a lean and successful business based in Lagos, with an ambitious growth target & plan to develop our network by opening offices in key markets in the coming years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Business Trade Data Analytics Commercial Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Marina, Lagos, Nigeria
- Internal Stakeholders (Departments you work closely with or liaise with constantly)
- Core: Operations, Product, Sales, Marketing and communications, Tech, Finance
- External: Government agencies (Customs) Financial Institutions, Clients.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Operating as the commercial glue that joins up business decision making with the Commercial and financial impacts and facilitating tough choices as necessary across the business.
- Optimize the top line for OnePort 365 through setting market-relevant product prices to move the target volumes at the right price and ensure OnePort 365 is a price giver and not a price taker.
- Drive and recommend Commercial strategy, both short term and long term. Should be focused on generating new streams of revenue.
- Gather and translate market data for commercial function and achieving business objectives
- Business stakeholder management, and the development of internal pricing systems APPLICABLE to all vendors/3PL suppliers.
- Building new optimization models and collaboration with business (including sales, finance, procurement, and operations) across all OnePort implants.
- Supporting the product team with the full development of OnePort Africa Price Index (OPAI) for deployment Q1 2021.
- Market Intelligence and Optimisation
- “Preach” the message of digitisation of trade for the African market.
- Business, Finance, Economics or an Analytical based Degree
Years of Experience:
- Excellent Industry Knowledge on freight forwarding.
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Leadership Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Critical thinking and innovative skill
- Attention to details by providing accurate and precise data
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- People skills ability create good interpersonal relationships with relevant stakeholders.
Attributes / Ability:
- Good work ethic
- Must have creativity and vision
- Ability to multitask
- Must have commercial acumen
- Ability to work under Pressure.
Application Closing Date
10th December, 2020
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Job expires in 37 days.