A reputable college in Garki area of Abuja seeks to employ:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Garki, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Preparing annual estimates of income and expenditure to include the preparation of departmental budgets within the school, the latter in consultation with the Management.
- Monitoring income and expenditure in relation to budget and presenting regular management reports to the Management.
- Keeping the accounts of the school and preparing Financial Statements in accordance with recommended standards.
- Maintaining cash flow projections for the current and future years.
- Preparing students’ bills and collecting all fees and extras.
- Payment of all salaries and wages, including PAYE.
- Administering pension schemes for teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Scrutinising and passing for payment all invoices received in the school.
- Organising special appeals for capital projects or endowment funds.
- Keeping analysis of costs and other statistical records.
- Preparing forecasts for the future financial performance of the school.
- Good accounting knowledge
- Understanding accounting best practices
- Data entry skills
- High attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Produce work with a high level of accuracy
- Professionalism and organization skills
- A minimum of HND/BSc in Accounting or other related discipline.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Knowledge of office procedures.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years cognate experience as a bursar in a school.
- Must be resident within Garki axis, Abuja.
Application Closing Date
6th of October, 2020
Interview holds on Thursday, 8th October, 2020 for shortlisted candidates.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the experience criterion,*should send in application letter on the body of an email with CV as PDF or Word document to: [email protected]
NB: Subject of the email must be “AGS” to be considered.