At Tuteria Limited, we’re driven by a mission to make quality personalized education accessible to everyone. We help learners connect with the best teachers and educational content, while also empowering people to earn income by teaching what they love.
Though we’ve had some early successes, we believe we can transform the way millions of people teach, learn and access education in Africa and beyond – and that we will achieve this by working with talented people who want to make a change in education and giving them the space, resources and support to do the best work of their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Brand and Graphics Designer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Gbagada, Lagos, Nigeria
- Tuteria is looking to hire a brilliant Brand and Graphics Designer to help build a loved brand and creative strategy for our company. You’ll be expected to have excellent artistic and design skills, and be able to combine art, technology and messaging to visually communicating ideas, data and products in simple ways that captivate, inspire and inform our users.
- We believe that great design is the key to creating products people love; and as our first Brand and Graphics Designer at Tuteria, you’ll take the lead on all our brand and communications design and implementation for both internal and external audiences.
- You’ll collaborate with other teams to help achieve their goals using design, while ensuring consistent brand identity across all products and communication. Your work will help Tuteria recreate a more recognizable, loveable and relatable brand both in the education industry and the world at large.
- Our team is small but highly effective, so your voice will be heard and your ideas will make meaningful contributions to the business.
- This is a full-time role based in Tuteria’s office in Gbagada, Lagos, Nigeria.
What You’ll be Doing
- Create a range of brand assets for web and print, including marketing materials, website images, presentation decks, how-to guides, banners, internal documents and more.
- Work closely with other teams using design to help achieve their goals. This includes the marketing team to drive customers, recruitment to build candidate experience or social media to create ongoing posts to be used across all channels.
- Collaborate with other teams to ideate, develop, plan and create messages, content and creative material for online and offline awareness campaigns and events.
- Be our brand advocate, defining, advancing and maintaining a high standard for communication and design consistency that resonates with our target market.
- Create visuals that communicate complex ideas, problem statements, new product features, etc. in a clear, cohesive, and easily-digestible manner.
- Ensure a consistent style of communication, voice, colors, messaging etc. across all brand assets.
- Carry out basic customer and market research to better understand users needs and deploy such findings to craft better communication and branding messages.
- Create internal assets as required such as culture guides, educational resources, newsletters, magazines, reports, logos, clothing designs, product designs, etc.
- Create excitement around the business using design.
Required Qualifications and skills
You should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of experience working as a Graphic Designer or Brand Manager.
- Expert-level usage of Adobe PhotoShop, PremierPro, Figma, Adobe XD, Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign, or any other design software.
- A compelling portfolio showing high-quality work over a range of creative projects.
- Good presentation skills, exciting personality and ability to simplify complex ideas.
- Experience designing responsive webpages, including a working knowledge of HTML/CSS.
While this isn’t required, it’ll be a plus if you have:
- Certification in Graphics Design, Human-Centered Design, UI/UX Design or Branding.
- Worked within teams, especially with the product, marketing, and sales teams.
- Experience with motion graphics, animation, video editing, and photography.
- Experience in a tech-driven company or have a technical background.
What it’ll take to succeed:
- Are a multi-skilled designer, comfortable working on internal and external facing designs, and able to conceptualize and design ideas from start to finish.
- Have a penchant for pixel-perfect designs. You’re a lover of art and beauty. You detest complexity or chaos, and love making things simple and organized.
- Are empathetic and care deeply about how your designs make people feel. You care about how people feel about Tuteria.
- Are able to multitask, work within deadlines and iterate quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Have experience working with social media and email marketing software.
- Have a strong understanding of creative design and marketing processes.
- Are keen on details and open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism no matter how small.
- Are abreast of latest trends in design thinking and communication best practices.
- Can communicate clearly in speech and in writing, and able to get people to buy into your ideas.
- Have natural creative and artistic abilities and can illustrate your ideas clearly on paper.
What We Offer
At Tuteria, we believe people who do great work deserve great support. Here are some of the benefits of joining our team:
- 100,000 monthly salary
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Annual learning development stipend
- 10 days of paid leave excluding public holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of paid maternity / paternity leave
- Company pension contribution
- Housing / relocation assistance if needed.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2020.
How To Apply
Job expires in 15 days.