Continental Reinsurance is the private sector champion of the pan-African reinsurance industry. We engage in the life and non-life reinsurance business across the continent.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Agriculture Underwriter, Anglophone West Africa
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The Agriculture Underwriter will be responsible for developing and executing the agriculture reinsurance strategy across Africa. This includes, but not limited to market research, managing and developing the agribusiness reinsurance line by generating new business and improving the performance of existing business.
- The role will also responsible for ensuring the enforcement of effective credit control, delivery of set loss ratio and claims management framework.
- At least a degree in any of the following disciplines; Agricultural Economics, General Agriculture, Horticultural Science, Animal Science, Agricultural Education or an equivalent. A masters degree will be an added advantage.
- Diploma in Insurance.
- Have more than 5 years of experience in the agricultural finance and risk management domain with the ambition to build and develop interfaces to governments, NGOs and development banks and organizations by leveraging your excellent network.
- Client focused, persistent and know how to turn customer needs into solutions and transactions.
- Good understanding of concept of agriculture (re) insurance.
- Feel comfortable with supporting the follow-up and transaction management with public sector clients and our (re) insurance partners.
- Skilled in prioritizing and running multiple projects in parallel.
- Knowledge of French / Arabic will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.